Chapala.com Webboard

San Juan Casala to Guanajuato

Mark and Lilly

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

Check out buses.

$563 MXN on Primera Plus tomorrow (online purchase), six different runs, about four hours. You'd have to get yourself from San Juan Cosalá to Guadalajara New Central, which can cost about the same in a taxi, and for all I know the same on the Guanajuato end. In round numbers, let's say $1,500 MXN, per person, door-to-door, and a leisurely half day of travel.

https://viaje.primeraplus.com.mx/search/t-guadalajara-central-nueva/t-guanajuato-central/19-Jul-22/p/A1/departures

Two people probably wouldn't need to chip-in ~$150 USD total on a ride share, so the [nice] bus is more expensive. OTOH, it's ready when you are.

LQ

1 hour ago, Lou Quillio said:

$563 MXN on Primera Plus tomorrow (online purchase), six different runs, about four hours. You'd have to get yourself from San Juan Cosalá to Guadalajara New Central, which can cost about the same in a taxi, and for all I know the same on the Guanajuato end. In round numbers, let's say $1,500 MXN, per person, door-to-door, and a leisurely half day of travel.

https://viaje.primeraplus.com.mx/search/t-guadalajara-central-nueva/t-guanajuato-central/19-Jul-22/p/A1/departures

Two people probably wouldn't need to chip-in ~$150 USD total on a ride share, so the [nice] bus is more expensive. OTOH, it's ready when you are.

LQ

Other buses are less expensive such as ETN for travel on 2 August.  Total round trip for 2 people on ETN $1,872.60 MXN

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lou Quillio said:

....to get yourself from San Juan Cosalá to Guadalajara New Central, which can cost about the same in a taxi, and for all I know the same on the Guanajuato end..

There you go assuming again. 

(1)  Bus from SJC / AJijic or Chapala, getting off at El Elamo stop, hopping on another city bus to new bus depot                                   nowhere close to taxi fare.                                                                                                                                                                                          (2) bus from Guanajuato bus depot into city  also cheap so no taxi required (Been there, done it)                                                                           (3) if $$$ is main issue for these two, there are other bus companies and less direct routes (eg via León ) while                                           tho' needing a transfer, are options.  (Been there, done that too.)

• Confused 1

Morning all.......   so go to thinking.......  OP's don't seem to have EVER come back.....        not changing topic headline a clue. With all the phishing, scams, kidnappings, extortions, etc that occur on an hourly basis these days by various means.............  anybody else wondering red flag

Won't be coming back here any more, so this is only for others to ponder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we lost a lot of OP's due to the way they were treated on this site.  When you are told to "eat shXt and die" "fuXX off", or are given the finger it doesn't endear you to reply or return to this site.    It seems to be a little better the last couple of weeks though.  To me, it is safer in MX than where the new OP's live or have moved here from.   Sorry  - I know this isn't part of the original topic.  But...

39 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Morning all.......   so go to thinking.......  OP's don't seem to have EVER come back.....        not changing topic headline a clue. With all the phishing, scams, kidnappings, extortions, etc that occur on an hourly basis these days by various means.............  anybody else wondering red flag

Won't be coming back here any more, so this is only for others to ponder.

• Thanks 1

• Mark and Lilly changed the title to San Juan Casala to Guanajuato