Chapala.com Webboard

Steren Customer Service...not.

Went to Steren across from Walmart and asked for a watch battery, was told 'we don't have any". I supplied the number and they still denied that that they sell them. I told them that I had purchased it here previously, they were adamant I did not. I asked them to please check their cross reference list, which they did after much reluctance. They did find it. I will ensure that I will avoid this store at all costs. Be forewarned.

18 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

Went to Steren across from Walmart and asked for a watch battery, was told 'we don't have any". I supplied the number and they still denied that that they sell them. I told them that I had purchased it here previously, they were adamant I did not. I asked them to please check their cross reference list, which they did after much reluctance. They did find it. I will ensure that I will avoid this store at all costs. Be forewarned.

Depending who waits on you service can be very good to poor. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

Yes, usually every Steren I've been to has had courteous and helpful staff; unfortunately these 2 didn't want to do anything.

Then don't be so crabby my good friend.  2 rotten apples do not taint the entire barrel. And maybe "morning after Saturday night " heads had a little do do with it? 🤕  

Never anything but the BEST for me in that store every time.

• Like 1

I had two bad customer related experiences there.  They act as if they really don't want your business.  So, they aren't getting any more from me.

Also, they often will not give you a refund on purchases.  I had that happen with a battery charger.  Actually, ended up getting better deal at Guad Farmacia .   

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Then don't be so crabby my good friend.  2 rotten apples do not taint the entire barrel. And maybe "morning after Saturday night " heads had a little do do with it? 🤕  

Never anything but the BEST for me in that store every time.

The only one "crabby" was them, I asked most politely, actually greeted them with a "buenas tardes" as soon as I saw them.

• Like 1

Yes, i went to buy an item, but i asked if it did not fit could i exchange it.  He said no you cannot.  I said so i cannot bring back anything i buy here in the store for a refund or exchange and he said that is right you cannot.    I can honestly say ive never had good customer service there so quess what:  I will never darken their doors again...I spoke total spanish and am respectful and kind.....thats the great thing about capitalism....horrible stores hopefully go out of business.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shag said:

Yes, i went to buy an item, but i asked if it did not fit could i exchange it.  He said no you cannot.  I said so i cannot bring back anything i buy here in the store for a refund or exchange and he said that is right you cannot.    I can honestly say ive never had good customer service there so quess what:  I will never darken their doors again....thats the great thing about capitalism....horrible stores hopefully go out of business.....

Remember that hardware store in Centro Ajijic next to the GDL Pharmacy?  Same kind of lousy service and attitude.

Went out of business even though it was a very well equipped store that should have done well here.  

Fortunately the new Tool place is a whole different story.  Helpful, friendly staff.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Shag said:

........ i asked if it did not fit could i exchange it.  He said no you cannot.......... 

I agree it's not how NOB generally handles things, but surely you  realize it's not the employee who sets the policy.... it's the COMPANY? I think that policy is posted in the store, but will have to remember to look next time I'm there.

I went to buy somehintg for GPS in my car at that Steren store once. The girl let me take the part out for a drive to check it out withour me even paying for it or leaving a deposit.  I was impressed.

I have had polite service at Steren. Bought a wifi booster but not strong enough for my thick walls. I was told if I needed to return it no cash refund but credit for something else. We got credit for a stronger wifi booster and it works well. So only had to pay difference between the price of the weaker booster and stronger booster. They were very nice. 

15 hours ago, Natasha said:

Well I'm sorry some have not had my good experiences.  Just wonderin'...... does speaking to them only in Spanish make a difference?????

Yes, it seems to help

Be kind to retail workers whenever you encounter them.

I'm certainly not suggesting anyone here would be unkind, but they have a job that stinks.

I've never received poor enough service to note in Steren, but the employees remind me very much of those in Walmart. I avoid both places unless absolutely necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Fred Habacht said:

I was there this morning....treated like a valued customer....thanked for coming in...etc. This seems more like a glass half full for some and half empty for others....my Mexico usually pleases me and today was no different.

You seem like a fine human being, Fred.

We seem to share a few things in common and seeing the glass half full is one of them.

Saludos 🤗 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

yes, they have always given us lousy service.  The last time we went it was to buy something.  I forgot but we asked if it was the wrong one can we come back and exchange it.  They said NO.  We said are you serious?  They said yes we dont exchange or guarantee anything..........we said alrighty then......we will never go back.....

• Like 2