Chapala.com Webboard

Recent Arrival looking for inexpensive older car

I think it's going to take a while and the OP did post in the classified section before posting here. It all comes down to people waiting to find a replacement vehicle before selling what they already have. It is hard either way. I waited over six months for a new 2021 Fiat Mobi and for new vehicles it's the shortage of chips that's the problem. Finally settled on a 2020 Fiat Mobi Way and THEN sold my 2007 Nissan Tiida Hatchback with 52,000 km for $50,000 pesos. Patience is going to be required at this point.

55 minutes ago, Natasha said:

IF you have the nerve to buy one there    a friend made that mistake   cost her a BUNDLE in repairs (only 3 years old) and turned out vendor lied about every detail

That is why you take a mechanic with you…  I been on several occasions and have several cars I would buy.. in that price range you are not getting a mint condition veh

I have been to the tiangius a lot years back. Odd how many autos had very low miles but, the floor matts were worn to the metal. Keep posting at times expats return to nob, also on the hwy I saw one with a number in the window and I called while driving behind. Turned out to be a good truck. 

• Thanks 1

You might try S&S but last I knew they only brokered relatively newer cars. The good used car dealerships in Guadalajara, many on Ave Patria, could be tried but $60,000mxp is pretty cheap for those guys. 

• Thanks 1

i went on market place that took me to several auto sights and i bought this 2013 fiat 500 for $110,000 which will live waaaay longer than me. it is an absolute joy to drive! my mechanic checked it and the did all the paper to transfer to me. The only decent auto you will get for $60,000 is a vocho.

fiat ocho.jpg

fiat ocho 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1