Chapala.com Webboard

Oxxo is giving me a REFUND!!!!!

Some will remember my post early June upon learning Oxxo had managed to horns-waggle Total Play payment made there by giving 2nd "false" receipt. Of course, when TP cut us off, inspection of same revealed what had happened....ie  cashier person stole the payment.  😠

Staring June 17 began e-mail correspondence with Oxxo. Seven emails (3 separate "sections" of Oxxo admin),  info repeated as often as requested (why.... was all in same string??), pix (2 receipts) proving how it was done........ and today I got a PHONE call asking which day I could go to the same Oxxo to collect my refund.

Holy cat poop!    Never say never :)

• Like 8

Its good you caught that.

Im sure they making you go back to that same Oxxo because most are not run by Oxxo. Its almost setup the same as a paper route in the US. If you had one you know the Newspaper charges for everything. Plastic bags, rubber bands, newspaper. The newspaper. Usually gets all their money through subscriptions. its up to the paper boy to collect from the cash clients. The worst job I ever had. Oxxo will provide a location and inventory etc. The person running it gets a percentage. Its coming out of their pocket. But it was their employee

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

what Oxxo was that and is the employee still there?

San Antonio.... Chula Vista branch right across from Chula Vista Golf Course.   No idea if person still there. First time this happened ( CFE bill if I remember) at same store, never saw that employee again.

Count your change at that location as well. Cashier seemed to be in an all fired hurry to get back to her phone today but I caught her on the fifty pesos that she shorted me in change. She gave me the rest of it without even apologizing for her "error". Yup. Don't mess with old people.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, chicamysterious said:

Its good you caught that.

Im sure they making you go back to that same Oxxo because most are not run by Oxxo. Its almost setup the same as a paper route in the US. If you had one you know the Newspaper charges for everything. Plastic bags, rubber bands, newspaper. The newspaper. Usually gets all their money through subscriptions. its up to the paper boy to collect from the cash clients. The worst job I ever had. Oxxo will provide a location and inventory etc. The person running it gets a percentage. Its coming out of their pocket. But it was their employee

"Most are not run by Oxxo"  WRONG

All Oxxos are owned by Femsa. https://www.femsa.com/en/   

There are over 38,000 stores, and over 140,000 employees. Oxxo is in several countries such as Colombia, Chile, Peru, and the United States

"Its coming out of their pocket. But it was their employee"   WRONG

Some store managers work for a fixed salary, some for a % of sales. All store employees work for and are paid by Oxxo. 

http://www2.oxxo.com/oxxo/empleo_oportunid.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

"Most are not run by Oxxo"  WRONG

All Oxxos are owned by Femsa. https://www.femsa.com/en/   

There are over 38,000 stores, and over 140,000 employees. Oxxo is in several countries such as Colombia, Chile, Peru, and the United States

"Its coming out of their pocket. But it was their employee"   WRONG

Some store managers work for a fixed salary, some for a % of sales. All store employees work for and are paid by Oxxo. 

http://www2.oxxo.com/oxxo/empleo_oportunid.html

Yes. Just like the newspaper is not owned by the paper boys.

As arranged, went to the "same" Oxxo today.... all paperwork in hand (which I did need.)  With greatest of luck, apart from one cashier and some shoppers, a woman was there in plain clothes, with a youngster, standing just inside the door. But moved back if people offered to let her leave.

Now in line, and she comes over...." can she help me?"  "Yes".....   and begin. Immediately steps behind counter (assuming store supervisor?) and proceeds. DOES know what I'm talking about!!  👍 Starts to enter TP payment code.  "NO...O..O!"  Already paid (at a higher price ☹️)  Just want the pesos. Explain a little over again, using the two receipts to demonstrate.

"Oh. OK. " Takes some time, then I have to follow her to another area, produce official photo ID, etc. but in the end she counts out the cash.  HAPPY!!!

However.... if this ever happens to you in Oxxo for anything and you want to follow thru', be advised never once in all this time/ various people did I ever encounter one with even a tiny bit of English. So if you don't have pretty fluent spoken and  written Spanish, you're going to need some help.

Well, speaking and writing Spanish fluently sure does come in handy, doesn't it? You should pat yourself on the back for sticking with those  lessons.

Glad you shared this story. . . .and loved the happy ending.

Lexy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1