Chapala.com Webboard

Can anyone shed any light on whether this place exists and have they ever visited or

seen the place? From what I gathered it was built but possibly never completed or went out of business.

RickS had told me about he knew it was built but that's it. Anyway a peso for your thoughts!

Jacksombrero-ge2d261ff3_640.jpeg.509cfbdeab482d8a8dd0923fc3c155fa.jpeg

I have visited it twice. It looks more interesting from the carretera. Some parts of it are finished and lived in and the owners say they are happy. Other parts are sold but not close to being finished. The common facilities like a restaurant or pool have yet to be built. It is an interesting concept but very expensive.

I have visited that place twice. Parts of it are complete. the swimming pool, cafeteria have not been built yet. The Eastern part-condos for sale-work on these seems to have stopped. In the center units with a small yard a number have been completed and are lived in.  You have to pay 10,000 for these and then monthly rent. Price does not include all appiances. The western part-Memory care is being used.

It is an interesting concept but will it fly? It is fact and fiction

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks all for info and Cedros for the specifics. It does not seem like their website and

the reality match up. And the "will it fly" is the key question. In the US CCRCs appear to be

rare that go under but they have and some have gone bankrupt too. Mostly due to high

costs and bad economic times.

Jack

Development is about a mile or so west of where we currently live. We visited some time back... maybe 3-4 years ago. Gathered lots of info and toured one of the individual home units (multi-story buildings weren't near being ready to tour). Front medical/commercial area wasn't really started. They are certainly making progress on construction, but it's slow. I suspect they were behind schedule to begin with, then covid hit and caused further delays. Although you can't look inside, you can use Google Street View to "walk" up and down in front of the development and see progress from the Carretera. Here's a link to one view (taken in January 2022... see the image capture date in the lower right). Use your mouse to look around and click the arrows on the road to move east and west (if the link doesn't work, just use Google Maps to locate the place and click the street view icon to get a visual):

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.294967,-103.2965127,3a,90y,327.51h,74.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sS4rGB4JjZ3dDBjc6VoL8vw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

We were told at the time we toured that construction was being done by Desherman, which is the same group that constructed Los Sabinos (where we live), Puerto Arroyo, La Reserva, and others. I don't know if this is still the case, but we do like Desherman's attention to detail and construction methods, so we considered that a plus in terms of how well made the buildings would be. I don't know if they're still doing the construction.

We liked the concept, which is much like the continuing-care place my parents live at in Fullerton, CA. Cost for Pueblita would be much less than my parents are spending for what sounded like similar (but smaller) facilities and care/services. Price would be high compared to other homes Lakeside, but you have to include the value of other facilities and services, and it's all relative, depending on what you're comparing it to. That's on paper, of course, and I understand their plans for handling things, plus costs, have changed since we toured. You'd have to keep tabs on how they intend to sell and manage once the dust settles. We knew one gentleman who lived in our current condo development who felt it was a good deal and put down a deposit. Unfortunately, he died before he could move in, partly because of delays in construction, partly because he may have waited a bit too long to decide. I don't know what happened with his deposit, but he never got to use the facilities.

As for the home that we toured... we thought the floor plan was pretty nice. Rather light on storage space inside, which is typical here in Mexico, but this had less than where we live now. Plan to downsize before you move in. There was a nice, large bodega storage space outside in the (single) carport area, although that's not convenient for items you'd need access to frequently. Choices on finishes (tile, cabinets, etc) were pretty limited and I wasn't crazy about the offerings, but that's personal preference. At the time, they would not allow customization with your own choices since the home wouldn't actually belong to you. All on one level, with consideration for wheelchair accessibility. It would certainly be livable, and we might still consider a move there at some point, depending on how things stand if/when we decide to move into someplace with more care. We would NOT buy into someplace like this and pay for the promise of future facilities and services when we're getting to a point where we might not live long enough to use them! I suggest you only consider the value of what you can see and use as of your move-in date. Depending on your timeframe, remember that units are being sold to older folks who will be "moving on" with some regularity, so pre-owned units WILL be available in the future (although possibly on a waiting list, depending on popularity).

We live in the center of our condo development and don't have a lot of problem with noise, although we do hear music and cohetes from nearby eventos when things are going on. Pueblita single homes are closer to the road than where we live, so I suspect there might be more road noise. I don't know if there are event centers nearby, but one can pop up at any time. The multi-story buildings are further from the road, so they might be more quiet, but still very visible from the highway with large trucks going by. You'd have to visit and put the place to an "ear test" if you have concerns about sonic ambiance, and/or ask people who already live there already.

West Ajijic and the area around Pueblita is growing fairly rapidly. When we moved to Los Sabinos, people warned that we would be too far away from facilities and shopping, but that's no longer the case. There are several restaurants in the area now, and a new Pancho's market will be just 1 minute from Pueblita, to be finished later this year. Along with the on-site facilities, you shouldn't have any problem with basic needs for dining and grocery shopping. The medical facilities will be a big plus, as long as the doctors and care are competent... research and ask. Since covid, so many places deliver as well, so I'd feel comfortable saying this is a good location, with easy access to Jocotepec, if needed, and up into Guadalajara for shopping and such.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, manyan said:

Cedros, Can I ask why you visited? Were you thinking of it for someone?

I am considering options for my Mom.sombrero-ge2d261ff3_640.jpeg.b3529dc1f1562ebaf6a623d71a7c5931.jpeg

Why not?

8 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

HI whilst you info is interesting it is not current. I think the question now is.. Has the project stalled...???it's certainly talking a long time to complete even by Mexican standards

Yes it is not curent as the deals keep changing as do the expectations.

Thanks for the details HKrause! I also looked at your link. Your advice about paying for what you can see

is dead on. I will do well to remind myself of this. This is a quote I have liked and it sums up what you said too:

"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"  Possibly a Scottish nursery rhyme (1600s) but not sure.

I contacted them by email (La Pueblita not the nursery rhyme authors!) and although I did get a response, when I asked some more detailed questions as to what exactly I'd get (or rather my Mom) they did not respond.

Jack

sombrero-ge2d261ff3_640.jpeg.b8f72cb402cb22959b564f2d59f36604.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently talked to two people who moved into there, one from completely out of town, and they were very unhappy with the condition and services there and so both of them left.  I considered moving in there myself but I live here and frequently drove by there and could plainly see that the work was not getting done and after a few years, is largely unfinished.   

On 7/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, manyan said:

Cedros, Can I ask why you visited? Were you thinking of it for someone?

I am considering options for my Mom.sombrero-ge2d261ff3_640.jpeg.b3529dc1f1562ebaf6a623d71a7c5931.jpeg

Considering it for someone but there may be better options soon. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:32 PM, WideSky said:

They have a video on their FB page dated November 2021 saying 90% complete.

90% comp;

That  isn't true even in 2022 August.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, lakeside7 said:

HI whilst you info is interesting it is not current. I think the question now is.. Has the project stalled...???it's certainly talking a long time to complete even by Mexican standards

It stalled several years go.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:35 AM, lakeside7 said:

Better options like what Cedros, the suspense is killing me

Don't die yet-wait for the options.