Chapala.com Webboard

Any Issues at O'Rourke??

Hola all. I am NOT trying to start or spread a rumor but wonder what this is about?

Friday late afternoon I received a text from a mexican phone number, with the following message below. It was too late to reach anyone at O'Rourke by the time I saw the text. I tried a couple of google news searches but came up empty. I didn't call the number on the text in case it's some kind of scam, though I can't figure what the angle would be.

Did anyone else receive this message or know anything that is real news? Muchas gracias!

Text Message received June 1 @ 15:57:

"If you have investments in O'Rourke, we are told to get it out because the guys who run it just got arrested by the federales."

2 hours ago, John Shrall said:

Could it be related to Omar O'Rourke and Radisson Blu, not the investment firm?

I’ll take a look, just heard about Radisson Blue, didn’t know the guys last name but sure seems a coincidence. Thanks

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

... I am not aware that any of the employees actually have the last name O'Rourke. 

The link Ferret provided above shows James O'Rourke as President, Maureen O'Rourke as a board member, and Terrance O'Rourke as a shadow board member of O'Rourke & Associates. Unknown if they are related to the guy arrested.

14 hours ago, ibarra said:

Look at the post a few down from this one titled "Radisson Blu fraud charges".

That was my post. The link is to TVAzteca. The story does not mention any amount of money nor only foreigners targeted.

So I was asking for the news source for that information that was posted by luvesdawgs. 

Still waiting. 

Article posted by luvsdawgs goes back to events originating in 2008.. Yes it's in regard to Laguna Mall, but has to do with one of the original investors in development/construction  of the building who died, their family(ies)  trying to correct how these two mis-handled the situation, and then defrauded said family (ies) of their just due. More about sales and rentals of the locales and not about any indiv business there now.

NOT saying it can't    / won't affect O'Rourke's, Lloyds, etc.  No idea.  But not what these particular  fraud charges are about.

• Thanks 3

In Chapala Jalisco:\

In process, two accused of fraud for 224 MDP in Chapala
By Editorial
The Regional Special Prosecutor of District V based in Chapala, managed to capture and link to process of a couple of subjects listed as probable responsible for the commission of fraudulent management crime in agr plane of one person, who with them were part of the investors of a shopping mall in #Chapala, who for these facts had an impact of approximately 224 million 576 thousand pesos.
The mentioned ones are Omar O. and Carlos Alberto D. It is important to note that at the request of the Public Ministry agent they will remain in justified preventive detention, for one year, as a precautionary measure.
The present investigation derives from the complaint filed in 2008, in which it was realized that the offended party and the defendants created an association with a commercial establishment located on the Chapala – Jocotepec road, at the crossroads of liberation Chapala - Ajijic, in the colony San Antonio Tlayacapan, and among its functions was the sale and rent of premises where various businesses were established.
However, one of the investors passed away, so Omar O. and Carlos Alberto D. , they proceeded with the administration of the place without carrying out the proper formalities in such a situation, and in turn, allegedly unlawfully, continued to profit from the profits of that person.
The beneficiary part of the deceased victim, and to whom a percentage of the management of that property was matched, in their fair claim of access to justice filed the relevant criminal complaint.
To reach the legal truth the Regional Special Prosecutor conducted a series of investigations that allowed to obtain reasonable clues to establish the probable liability of both parties in the commission of the fact that the Law points out as a crime of fraudulent administration, so the Public Ministry filed an arrest warrant against him.
Omar O. and Carlos Alberto D. were arrested recently by prominent Investigating Police agents in District V, so they were put at the disposal of the Judge for Control and Orality, who after analyzing the evidence submitted, considered that were vast to link them to process in terms already marked.

• Thanks 1

As a first ever Post here on Chapala.com web board I wonder if Enrique might like to let us know 'how' he knows this information and maybe even 'who' he is.  Generally speaking of course.    Maybe?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1