Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing Driver's License Info Please

Lexy

I know this topic has been covered but a search got me nowhere.

What is the easiest way to renew my driver's license? I just noticed it's past due. Can  it be done locally?

Is there much standing in line or walking to get it done?

Lexy

Make an appointment in Chapala

Sistema de citas (jalisco.gob.mx) 

Make payment

image.png.36002218d8b469ecb9c628392b0f69fb.png

Print the receipts.

Print off a CURP CURP | Trámites | gob.mx (www.gob.mx)

Bring a current CFE bill or proof of residence and your old license. 

Go to Chapala behind Cruz Roja where the line is generally small to complete the process. Wait a few minutes for the laminated card. Fast and easy.

The web software won't allow some or all of these direct links so you'll have to type them manually.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there a limit as to how soon before license expiration one can renew?  We are taking an extended trip and my wife's license will expire while we are away.  Or should she wait until after expiration to renew it?  It would be about 2 months out of date at that point.

9 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Is there a limit as to how soon before license expiration one can renew?  We are taking an extended trip and my wife's license will expire while we are away.  Or should she wait until after expiration to renew it?  It would be about 2 months out of date at that point.

I renewed mine 3 months early 2 years ago to coincide with my husbands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Why not let Spencer's office handle it. save you a lot of time, life is too short at your age

huh??  You have to be present in person.....    and they don't let "representatives" in the door with you either. 

As far as I could see today if an assistant was necessary it was no problem. But an assistant to apply for the license. No. The in person has to be there with their papers and have to be in person to have their picture taken. Then the person applying will get their license. The person assisting may be helping with mobility or translation but the applicant must be in person and must make an appointment. No appointment. No license. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From my own experience at our local office-

An elderly woman's paid "concierge" didn't show up when she was supposed to.

The workers there very kindly walked the woman through the process, including making the required copies of paperwork her concierge had failed to tell her would be needed.

She was done and just waiting for her license when the concierge finally showed up.

I had to keep my mouth shut as the concierge then made the elderly woman pay her $1,000 pesos for her "services" because she had driven all the way from Ajijic and couldn't help that traffic was bad.