Chapala.com Webboard

Stop Annoying Sales Calls

Jim Bowie

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ea93105 said:

He's wrong about registering a cell phone number because the website requires area code which does not apply with a cell phone # and the site won't work if you enter a cell number.

So your cell phone number has only 7 digits?

Every cell number I know of has 10 digits  the first 3 being the "area code"

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

No, its 10 digits.

Didn't we used to have 045 0r 044 not too long ago before the ten digits ? I thought those were the area codes...which are no longer needed.

So the first three numbers of the cell number are the area code , ok

When I go to the website and enter my number accordingly using the first three numbers as the LADA the site crashes with the following message :

<script language='javascript'>alert('El número telefónico 3334615332 no es correcto. Favor de verificarlo o comunicate al teléfono del consumidor.');location.href='registrar_telefono.jsp';</script>

Maybe the website is having a bug right now

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Not here. Guadalajara  only has  a two number area code as well as Mexico City, and Monterrey. Rest of Mexico has three digit area code.

According to Wikipedia

Website accepted my entry using only two numbers for the Lada. 33

I have had a 33 or in my case 331 cell phone for many years. And I am sure not complaining, but why is it that I almost never receive annoying marketing phone calls. I wonder what it is that I haven't done or have done to protect me from all of these calls so many of you get. I can literally go for several weeks to months before I get a strange sales or marketing phone call.

About the only bad calls I get are when someone accidently dials the wrong number and gets me, and that almost never happens either.

Pretty sure my mistake was entering my real number when I bought a bus ticket online......Never had a problem doing that with airline tickets, but right after the bus ticket purchase the calls started, sometimes as early as 7am.

I can't change my settings to only receive calls from my contact list because of deliveries from Amazon and Mercadolibre...

Hopefully the registry will stop the calls.