Chapala.com Webboard

Be glad you are in Mexico !

It's way more than avocado. Lol family is telling me chuck is being sold for $17 a pound!

I love it here for everything. The super high costs north of mexico just make me enjoy it even more.

Keep telling my wife. "I love mexico" and I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I can't seem to find anything I don't like about living here. Everyplace has a few inconveniences but over all the best place I have lived out of the over 10 states and 3 countries!

We are all lucky souls down here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

Maybe the people who have avocados from their yard could sell them some place. Price in stores about 129 pesos kilo. 

When we had a yard with 4 avo trees (3 different varieties, so very long season) we made a point of putting them outside our gate to share with Mexican neighbours. Long after we moved, people from that barrio used to stop my husband on the street and tell him " we really miss you being there.... nobody since has ever shared them with us like you did".

I encourage all with surplus to do the same if in Mx areas. They're having a hard time with prices skyrocketing relative to their incomes, and will really appreciate the gesture.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Natasha said:

When we had a yard with 4 avo trees (3 different varieties, so very long season) we made a point of putting them outside our gate to share with Mexican neighbours. Long after we moved, people from that barrio used to stop my husband on the street and tell him " we really miss you being there.... nobody since has ever shared them with us like you did".

I encourage all with surplus to do the same if in Mx areas. They're having a hard time with prices skyrocketing relative to their incomes, and will really appreciate the gesture.

Great source of healthy protein 

Just FYI, We gave all of those avacados away, for free.  Every restaurant we went to, gave avacados. We loaded our car and went driving, stopped at construction sites and gave them away. I'm thinking that some we gave away probably got sold at the local markets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Delish Haas avocados are, and have been for years, 5 x $2.99 at nofrills and freshco in Ontario. Some people would't allow themselves to be caught dead in these stores, chosing loblaws or metro instead. And that's why they'll be paying off debt in afterlife, when they could be sitting in shade of their own Mexican avocado tree long before retirement age.