Chapala.com Webboard

Good place to buy eliptical here

I was looking for a nice mid to upper mid range eliptical. And not sure where to look in the lake area. Went to Walmart (blah) and they have a cheap one. 

Will I have to go to guadalajara to find one?

Thanks ahead for any help. Hope someone knows a local store so we don't have to drive in to guadalajara.

3 minutes ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

That will be my last resort.

Well THAT'S certainly a way to endear yourself to the local experts....... and extremely disrespectful to boot.  Jorge at Zona Fitness Gym is a great bet.... but of course, he's not a expat.......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

Well THAT'S certainly a way to endear yourself to the local experts....... and extremely disrespectful to boot.  Jorge at Zona Fitness Gym is a great bet.... but of course, he's not a expat.......

Wow your fast on the trigger. Some people here have a hair trigger. Do you treat all people this way? Just wondering.

• Like 1

I have seen equipment at that sporting store but a long time ago. Maybe they could help order one for you. It’s worth a try. If no luck then maybe Amazon Mx Mercado Libre or Costco. Good luck. You could look in the classified section on this board maybe for sale or on the current Ojo classifies in the back. Many things for sale time to time. You could also place an ad looking for the elliptical and hopefully someone would have one to sell. 

I am going to try the guy who's refurbishing equipment. Went to the site and found a great high quality eliptical and a super nice treadmill for the wife. She was looking over my shoulder and saw the wet page and wants one for use in May (stay out of the sun) and on rainy days.

I'm using a weight bench now but will keep and eye on this site for a nice all in one machine if he ever gets one. Would complete our gym room nicely.

After this need to find a good billiard place to pick up a nice slate pool table. Then someplace to buy a pinball machine. And I think we will be pretty much set for home items

I've had good luck with the fellow in El Grullo...but I do recommend:

- That you go and personally pick out the machine you want and take photos of the unit, the label etc. and make sure the unit he delivers is the one you picked out.  He has a lot of machines in different shape.

- Check the refurb status carefully and get anything needed done before he delivers..

- Check the spare parts situation for the machine you want....Many web sites sell parts.  .See if you can get say a spare electronics board...  Some machines are easier to get parts than others...

Tom

5 minutes ago, tkessler2 said:

I've had good luck with the fellow in El Grullo...but I do recommend:

- That you go and personally pick out the machine you want and take photos of the unit, the label etc. and make sure the unit he delivers is the one you picked out.  He has a lot of machines in different shape.

- Check the refurb status carefully and get anything needed done before he delivers..

- Check the spare parts situation for the machine you want....Many web sites sell parts.  .See if you can get say a spare electronics board...  Some machines are easier to get parts than others...

Tom

Thanks for the heads up. Will keep that all in mind because the eliptical will be used daily so I will need to make sure it can handle it.