Chapala.com Webboard

Has anyone purchased small battery-powered lamps for when the power goes out?

Has anyone purchased small battery-powered lamps to put around the house for when the power goes out?  Where did you get them?  I found nothing satisfactory on Mercado Libre and Amazon Mexico but maybe I was searching incorrectly.  Gracias.

I use two rechargeable lights. They serve as both a flashlight and a standing light. This is similar and there are lots of choices further down the page... Amazon.com: Consciot Rechargeable Camping Lantern Flashlight, LED with 6 Modes, 3600mAh Power Bank, IPX4 Waterproof, Two Way Hook, Portable with USB Cable for Emergency, Camping, Hiking, Outdoor Activities : Sports & Outdoors

The first rechargeable I bought, I got from Steren's so you may want to check there too.

48 minutes ago, Sea said:

These are cheap and great. The batteries are not fancy lantern ones that are difficult to replace. The light is bright, white and annoying. Fine for the purpose. I have a platoon of the little things around the house.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018L2WM86/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! 15% off coupon, too :)

48 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Thanks! 15% off coupon, too :)

I know. I just bought some more. The 8 pack is $6 USD a piece (plus shipping) and they come with 6 batteries. I don't know how they do it. I've never had to replace batteries. I use one as a night light by my bed and so far so good.

We've been using similar lanterns to the one linked here, but solar-powered, with rechargeable batteries, they also double as a phone charger (through a usb port). They last all night, and are super bright. Bought on mercadolibre about 5 years ago (off brand, about $6 a piece). Highly recommended.

12 hours ago, chapalence said:

We have emergency lights that remain plugged into outlets throughout the house. They normally act as night lights, but come on fully when the power goes out. 

Thanks, chapalence, do you remember where you got them?

12 hours ago, happyjillin said:

like this? I forgot that I have this here too.

picking adventures lamp.jpg

Gorgeous!  But I need batter-powered lamps.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

The light store has a led light bar that is rechargeable  we use it,  mucho light, the store is near where the cow was on mandero 

Thanks, Phil, I know the store, I`ll look there. I miss the cow!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

I use two rechargeable lights. They serve as both a flashlight and a standing light. This is similar and there are lots of choices further down the page... Amazon.com: Consciot Rechargeable Camping Lantern Flashlight, LED with 6 Modes, 3600mAh Power Bank, IPX4 Waterproof, Two Way Hook, Portable with USB Cable for Emergency, Camping, Hiking, Outdoor Activities : Sports & Outdoors

The first rechargeable I bought, I got from Steren's so you may want to check there too.

Thanks so much, Ferret.  I`ll check these out.

2 hours ago, Sea said:

These are cheap and great. The batteries are not fancy lantern ones that are difficult to replace. The light is bright, white and annoying. Fine for the purpose. I have a platoon of the little things around the house.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018L2WM86/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow!  These look great, just what I was imagining.  Thanks so much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea said:

Are these good for reading? During the many outages here in Lower SAT I use the time on catching up on my reading...

2 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Are these good for reading? During the many outages here in Lower SAT I use the time on catching up on my reading...

They are okay. You can close the lid down so only a few of the led bulbs are showing. And get them out of direct line of sight. I find they produce a lot of glare if they are close by. If you could get it over your shoulder it might be better. I don't like that white led light for reading, but I use it for everything in an outage.

I didn't really answer your question. It produces a steady, non flickering white light that you could use for reading. A warmer yellowish color might be optimum, easier on the eyes. - But these would be a vast improvement to staring at a book in a black room.

We bought 2 chargeable emergency lights a year or so ago. Walmart  on the bottom shelf where they sell light bulbs. They are very bright. It has a lower bright setting or higher bright but not much difference. I used mine last night. We were without power all night. It has several lights in a bar. It is recommended when not in use for months plug in every 3 months just to keep it charged. I think light lasts about 6 hours or more. Very bright. If you pm me your email I will send you a photo. I don’t know how to put a picture on here. These lights light up the whole room. The best. Don’t know if Walmart has them now but could send you picture and model and maybe you could order them in Mx. they are a life saver when no power. No candles no flashlight batteries when they are dead when you try to use them.