Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down

33 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

Hola, tu servicio TELMEX 376766**** esta en una zona afectada -. Estamos trabajando para restablecerlo. Gracias por tu comprension. They notify me of the obvious...

Could be worse, buddy. At least this way you don't get frustrated trying to tell them it's out..........and you know they're already working on it 🙂

How do I receive these messages from Telmex?  Our land phones are from the time of the Cristeros war and we are unable to receive or text messages.  Is there a way to join Telmex on the internet to get them?  Looking forward to some noncritical nonjudgmental responses, unless they’re hilarious….

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Three or four weeks ago a Telmex repair man was at the house and suggested I go to fiber as there is no cost involved and my speed would improve. I was told they would be able to do it in a week or so. And like I said above, we are going on four weeks and still no word.

No problem. When it happens, it happens.  I already have pretty good speed for copper. I'm usually getting a download speed of 35 to 50 Mb/sec and an upload speed right around 1.6 on some days and between 8 and 10 on other days.

Yes, I do find it weird that my upload speed varies by so much.