Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down

I will recommend TotalPlay. I consistently have service in Riberas. I have just internet which comes with a VOIP line BUT you can port your Telmex number if you wish. I had all three services for six months then I dumped Telmex and iLox. For the record, I pay 689 per month to TotalPlay for 200 mbps down and 30 mbps up. To put icing on the cake, I actually receive a discount if I pay before a certain date and I always receive a thank you for my payment. Great customer service.

• Like 1

I'm in Seattle 

I'm in Seattle for another day and I thought it was nice that Telmex sent me a message this morning over my cell phone letting me know that my Telmex line was down it was as of 10:46 AM this morning and that they were working to resolve the problem.

Me, I make most of my calls on my cell phone and use Telmex as my primary internet service provider.' And to make free phone calls to US and Canadian landlines. Yet should I want to phone a US or Canadian 800 # I am charged long distance. Figure that one out.  😊

Living quite close to Telmex with relatively new telephone lines when in Ajijic, I usually have very reliable service and for $499 pesos per month also get about 50 Megabits/sec down by about 10 up besides the phone service I mentioned above. I sure am lucky. I know folks who live a few blocks further than I from Telmex and have many more outages than I

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, ibarra said:

Let me repeat what I wrote 21 April which is the post right above yours, Alpha1 - 

"Internet and electric outages here are a way of life. "

You will have a full time job if you post every time your power is interupted.

Yes, however I like to know who's keeping me company in my outage...😕

• Haha 3

On 5/31/2023 at 2:03 PM, adolphsj said:

Thanks for the note alpha1……I don’t get their notices and like to know it’s not just here.  Still out in SE AJIJIC near lower La floresta. Either you or I should continue the tradition.

Down again  ....