Chapala.com Webboard

Speed limit signs

I am wondering  who is responsible  for  the placement  of speed  limit signs,   coming into to chapala from Guadalajara a new sign 30kph tis a new sign  I dropped  down from 60k to 30 and was almost rear end by folks coming  from Guadalajara,  several  new signs  are appearing  and some are a joke. Now I know the signs are just a suggestion but I have a favorite  it is in my fracc  10kph 10 I can hardly  ride my motorcycle  that slow  and keep  it up. Sorry  I'm just ranting I still would like to  know what government  agency  is responsible  for placement  of speed limit  signs and how  they  justify  the speed  

Phil

I subscribe to the notion that one should drive according to road conditions no matter what the signs say. The speed of other driver's is a road condition. This I learned from the California Highway Patrol officer who pulled me over many years ago and gave me a warning for driving the speed limit in heavy, fast moving traffic. 

• Like 1

They are notorious for using it on Mex 15 around Mexico City.

Sooner or later they'll all discover what the cops NOB have known for years, speed enforcement is a great little racket.  Matters not if the speed limit bears little resemblance to reality, that is even better as they can rip more motorists off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was not long ago that the speed limit on the libramiento between San Antonio and the exit to Chapala changed 9 times in that few kilomters. That kept you wondering. 

• Thanks 1