Chapala.com Webboard

Constancia de Situación Fiscal

22 minutes ago, econ man said:

It's actually the password obtaining section that won't accept more than 12 digits. I don't know another place to get a password. I could try contrasena, but I can't put a tilde over the n.

It has worked for me countless times. My RFC, as an individual,  is 13 characters long.

I choose "password generation", on the next page I read the steps which includes "RF to 13 positions", and click "begin". On the next page I click "continue". On the terms a d conditions page I click "continue ".

On the following page I input those 13 characters of my RFC, my email, my cell #, then click "continue".

If you get that far and need help with the rest, just ask.

Thank you Chapalence for that detailed explanation. Just to be clear, this is he site to use to generate a password:https://satid.sat.gob.mx. You have to follow the procedures, including recording a video with your computer's camera (or I assume phone's). You have to repeat a phrase, which can be long and disappears when you turn on your camera, so write it down if you want (my computer translates automatically so everything was in english). You have to attach an ID, I  used a passport, photo and opposing page, so have one ready to upload. If they approve they will email me a password ( I guess) within 5 days. I assume I will enter the password on the other site:https://www.sat.gob.mx and be able to generate my CSF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, econ man said:

Thank you Chapalence for that detailed explanation. Just to be clear, this is he site to use to generate a password:https://satid.sat.gob.mx. You have to follow the procedures, including recording a video with your computer's camera (or I assume phone's). You have to repeat a phrase, which can be long and disappears when you turn on your camera, so write it down if you want (my computer translates automatically so everything was in english). You have to attach an ID, I  used a passport, photo and opposing page, so have one ready to upload. If they approve they will email me a password ( I guess) within 5 days. I assume I will enter the password on the other site:https://www.sat.gob.mx and be able to generate my CSF.

A word of caution about reading the phrase. The purpose is to scan your retinas for another layer of security for when you access the SAT site. You MUST be looking at the screen while reading, so it can track your eyes. Writing it down is not an option unless you are able to position your paper so that you are looking at the camera.

I used my tablet and found it easier to photograph my ID when asked, but whatever is easiest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

No, it isn't. I have been using the SAT site since 2008 as I have a business. My laptop has the camera turned off. 

Is it possible that things have changed in the last 15 years?

Many people with long-standing bank accounts are able to do business without adding an app, while others cannot get an account without it. Requirements and methods involving technology change constantly.

I just uploaded a photo of my passport that was already on my computer. I just assumed the reciting of the phrase was to match the one they displayed for me, to ascertain I was actually a live person. I don't remember any specific instruction to lock my eyes on the camera although  I did so at least part of the time. I'll find out soon enough if it worked. 

1 hour ago, chapalence said:

Of course. But what I am saying is that I can use the SAT site now and check my account with the camera turned off, so they aren't using the retina scan to gain access to the site. 

And I had the retina scan in the SAT office way back in 2008. So they have never used it for access to the SAT site, because my camera is always turned off unless I am on a video call.

INM takes your fingerprints, but you don't need to press your finger on the screen to access the INM site.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:31 AM, Zeb said:

I am posting this in case someone needs to find his/her RFC:   https://www.mi-rfc.com.mx/consulta-rfc-homoclave

I adding a comment to this post as someone commented that it is an unsafe site and the numbers incorrect.  I do not know what is true. However, I can say that my attorney's office looked up my RFC on the SAT website and results were identical.

• Sad 1

Zeb - the site you have posted is NOT an official site, it actually states that at the top of the site, right corner.  If you put your information in it, it will return an RFC number with your first name initials first which is not correct.  It is creating a fictitious RFC number. The results could not have been identical unless you entered your name in incorrect positions.  If your name is Jane Marie Doe your site would return an RFC with JADO.  The correct way would be DOJA.  Others have asked you to remove the site which would seem prudent.  Sorry.

The official site that is correct which your attorney must have used is sat.gob.mx and variations of that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

Zeb - the site you have posted is NOT an official site, it actually states that at the top of the site, right corner.  If you put your information in it, it will return an RFC number with your first name initials first which is not correct.  It is creating a fictitious RFC number. The results could not have been identical unless you entered your name in incorrect positions.  If your name is Jane Marie Doe your site would return an RFC with JADO.  The correct way would be DOJA.  Others have asked you to remove the site which would seem prudent.  Sorry.

The official site that is correct which your attorney must have used is sat.gob.mx and variations of that.  

Correct, if it is not .gob.mx it is not official. I got my ID with the Constancia, it is in the upper left hand corner of the document along with QR. I skipped step 2, was told it is not necessary.The reason for pics and retina scans, etc. is many Mexicans have the same exact name. It has nothing to do with expats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 2:22 PM, mudgirl said:

Of course. But what I am saying is that I can use the SAT site now and check my account with the camera turned off, so they aren't using the retina scan to gain access to the site. 

And I had the retina scan in the SAT office way back in 2008. So they have never used it for access to the SAT site, because my camera is always turned off unless I am on a video call.

INM takes your fingerprints, but you don't need to press your finger on the screen to access the INM site.

MUD--I know you blocked me ;   SAT doesn't have my retina yet and my finger prints are worn off from working 50+ years;   "WITH MY HANDS";   and I have tape over my camera; so I guess I'm good to go--I guess I have a problem because I'm not one of those; " ONE SIZE FITS ALL"----HA

On 6/3/2022 at 1:37 PM, chapalence said:

Many people with long-standing bank accounts are able to do business without adding an app, while others cannot get an account without it. Requirements and methods involving technology change constantly.

I've had my Santander account for 15 years--just to be safe; I drained the account; leaving just 4,000 pesos to avoid service charge--let's see what happens in the coming years--I have seriously thinking of moving of planet--Elon Musk is moving quickly to make this happen--

On 6/3/2022 at 2:22 PM, mudgirl said:

Changed for sure the whole process has become a too complicated farce.

4 hours ago, cedros said:

Changed for sure the whole process has become a too complicated farce.

It's only complicated for those who didn't have an RFC number to start with, or thought they did, but didn't know or weren't sure what it was. Otherwise, it's simple to generate a copy of one's Constancia.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, ibarra said:

As I posted earlier- it took 10 minutes to get two Constania and 10 copies of each at the papeleria on Ramon Corona. 

Amiga, could you please specify which papeleria on Ramón Corona that is?  Is it the one east of the plaza and  between Jesus García and Ramón Velasquez?  Right on a corner?  Gracias

On 5/30/2022 at 4:57 PM, ibarra said:

I got an original Constancia for both of us this morning. Took 10 minutes at 9:15 AM.  I went to the papeleria that luvsdawgs recommended.   It is on Ramon Corona in SAT. Turn toward the lake at Ishop, continue down to Ramon Corona,  turn left. Go past Jesus Garcia which is the calle that Panino is on ( one way, up from Ramon Corona). The papeleria is a long block from Jesus Garcia on the left. It is on the corner of Privada Ramon Corona which is not a thru street. You should take your RFC number and CURP number,  that's all.  100 pesos for each Constancia.  She gives it to you on 2 sheets of paper which I then had her make copies back to back.  Could not have been any easier.   It is a Cyber location also. FYI- If you want to make any changes to your account you must go to SAT in Guadalajara.