Chapala.com Webboard

INE Renewal Jocotepec

I KNOW the 800 number says" Old people get priority. Don't worry about appt. Just go.In fact better if you do NOT make appt." (Direct quote during conversation) I know Shag  (I think?) said yup.... and I'm not even old.  Well let me tell you it is NOT worth taking the chance!!

Had all documents and arrived 9:25.  Guy at door insisted  only with appt. I insisted 800  number guys told me they had to let us in.  Back and forth (politely). Finally said I wanted to talk to the boss becasue I was going to report them not following "the rules".  Boss finally came over.  Told him what 800 number people had told me in TWO different calls.  Lets us in. We get a ficha, as does another old guy who arrive with appt just after we did.

Result?  He was taken care of "sort of in priority" while we cooled out heels for over 2 hours, at which time I told the young guy at the door we'd come back with appt.. He seemed disappointed we would leave......... but hubbie's patience by then was WAY past his tolerance level and then some.

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

I KNOW the 800 number says" Old people get priority. Don't worry about appt. Just go.In fact better if you do NOT make appt." (Direct quote during conversation) I know Shag  (I think?) said yup.... and I'm not even old.  Well let me tell you it is NOT worth taking the chance!!

Had all documents and arrived 9:25.  Guy at door insisted  only with appt. I insisted 800  number guys told me they had to let us in.  Back and forth (politely). Finally said I wanted to talk to the boss becasue I was going to report them not following "the rules".  Boss finally came over.  Told him what 800 number people had told me in TWO different calls.  Lets us in. We get a ficha, as does another old guy who arrive with appt just after we did.

Result?  He was taken care of "sort of in priority" while we cooled out heels for over 2 hours, at which time I told the young guy at the door we'd come back with appt.. He seemed disappointed we would leave......... but hubbie's patience by then was WAY past his tolerance level and then some.

I hope making the appointment online is different-better than the site for appointments for new manufactured trailer registration. Their software for booking an appointment simply did not work (multiple attempts). I had to attend to make an appointment, for 2 weeks in the future.

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

First available appts. in Joco on line (OR via 800 number....tried both) was JULY 13.  Of course took, since justs as long in various greater Guad options.So don't sweat the 2 weeks.......😝

There have been at least two INE Móvil trucks in the Ajijic/Chapala area recently. Maybe check local news sources? If I see another post, I'll reach out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jrod said:

There have been at least two INE Móvil trucks in the Ajijic/Chapala area recently. Maybe check local news sources? If I see another post, I'll reach out.

Lady in delegado office told me they hand out 40 fichas per day (4 days per month) and if you aren't there before the crack of dawn, forget it then you stay there until you finally get a turn. So gracias jrod but that's not happening.  

• Haha 1