Chapala.com Webboard

RFC NUMBER REQUIRED FOR EXPATS BY JULY 1, ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS? THANKS!

AJIJICLADY

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, AJIJICLADY said:

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE RFC NUMBER THAT IS REQUIRED FOR EXPATS TO HAVE BY JULY 1?

If you are retired and have family to feed you--don't worry about it--Maybe in a couple of years you can look into it--As for me;" a retire "- "I'd rather not be bothered"--Today , I emptied my Santander account--just left enough for the minimum amount not to be charged a monthly fee-the definition of retirement---IS; To "dissapear" to never be heard of gain- Which I'm a firm believer--But NO !! Not Gov't--They will hunt you to the grave; and beyond----HA

30 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

I'll get my RFC next year.  CFE is not going to cut off my power and at the moment I don't need one for taxes.

If you drive a car you may want to rethink your position. No car insurance company (not talking the agents) will be allowed to issue you a policy or a policy renewal without RFC and Constancia from now on.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Natasha said:

If you drive a car you may want to rethink your position. No car insurance company (not talking the agents) will be allowed to issue you a policy or a policy renewal without RFC and Constancia from now on.

So, what if we can't get an appointment at SAT to get an RFC by then? My insurance expires early in July.

29 minutes ago, Frijoles said:

So, what if we can't get an appointment at SAT to get an RFC by then? My insurance expires early in July.

If you bought the car you likely have an RFC. Did you check using your CURP?

Go to: https://www.sat.gob.mx/personas/tramites-del-rfc

Go To RFC Procedures

From the Drop Down Menu click "See More"

Scroll down and Use the RFC Validation Drop Down Menu

Click "Check your RFC key using CURP"

Optional: If you get a screen that shows your RFC, take a screenshot and print it. It will have your CURP in the background.

Take that paper to the papeleria on the corner of Ramon Corona and Priv. Ramon Corona in SAT. Tell the woman that you need your Constancia. You'll need to come back when it's ready with $100. That is what your insurance agent needs.

36 minutes ago, chapalence said:

If you bought the car you likely have an RFC. Did you check using your CURP?

Go to: https://www.sat.gob.mx/personas/tramites-del-rfc

Go To RFC Procedures

From the Drop Down Menu click "See More"

Scroll down and Use the RFC Validation Drop Down Menu

Click "Check your RFC key using CURP"

Optional: If you get a screen that shows your RFC, take a screenshot and print it. It will have your CURP in the background.

Take that paper to the papeleria on the corner of Ramon Corona and Priv. Ramon Corona in SAT. Tell the woman that you need your Constancia. You'll need to come back when it's ready with $100. That is what your insurance agent needs.

Thanks for the info but I bought a used car several years ago and, yes, I did check and I don't have an RFC.

3 hours ago, Frijoles said:

Suggestion.  Go on line with CURP and whatever else they want on the "new" RFC appt. option, and book first available appt, choosing SAT 2 in Abastos IF you get that option (closest from here by far). 

I THINK you get something to print out.  Take that to your insurance agent and say " here... this is the best I can manage, so how can you help me"? Fingers crossed for you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

HA- who has insurance in Mexico--Mexico will back off; ! when they run off the piggy bank--EXPATS--HA--I'm watching the show--as retired; all this does not apply--HA--Look up the definition of retired-

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

Suggestion.  Go on line with CURP and whatever else they want on the "new" RFC appt. option, and book first available appt, choosing SAT 2 in Abastos IF you get that option (closest from here by far). 

I THINK you get something to print out.  Take that to your insurance agent and say " here... this is the best I can manage, so how can you help me"? Fingers crossed for you.

Find a "facilitator" and pay a little bit--Don't bother yourself with a one-time deal-- The web-site is a mess- the phonelines are busy--the masses at the SAT locations;--Gov'ts love to say-"OBEY"- or something bad is going to happen to you--How many times I've heard that from this Mexican Gov't--At my age; bring it on !--I have money to pay those little bastards---HA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

IF you were present at SAT when you got the number, and IF they set up a code and PW on a special USB thing you brought with you at that time, you can use it for that purpose on line. Otherwise, appt and bum in seat in front of them I'm afraid.

That WAS done when getting husband's RFC, but I messed up and erased the USB thing later, and it's gone for good. However, our new INE cards do have correct address, so we've decided until someone makes a really big fuss, old address will have to do on RFC.

• Like 1

As I mentioned, I have the RFC, Constancia and a SAT password. When I sign in, I can see where I can update my email address, but not other details.

My concern is that if I go to CFE and present the Constancia, it won't work because the address is different from my CFE bill. 

Just now, Curmudgeon said:

As I mentioned, I have the RFC, Constancia and a SAT password. When I sign in, I can see where I can update my email address, but not other details.

My concern is that if I go to CFE and present the Constancia, it won't work because the address is different from my CFE bill. 

CFE only wants the Constancia showing RFC number (the box on front page).  They know your address already.  I have taken Constancia to several businesses and NO one cared that email address and street address were incorrect.   They all have our current information as they bill us and provide services at our address.  No one at SAT will be sending you emails so just keep up to date with your service provider.   This was all covered in Chapala Ajijic section about a month ago.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 12:09 PM, ibarra said:

CFE only wants the Constancia showing RFC number (the box on front page).  They know your address already.  I have taken Constancia to several businesses and NO one cared that email address and street address were incorrect.   They all have our current information as they bill us and provide services at our address.  No one at SAT will be sending you emails so just keep up to date with your service provider.   This was all covered in Chapala Ajijic section about a month ago.  

If I was having problems with mobility will CFE allow someone else to bring my RFC AND constancia in? For example when they take my bill in to be paid.

Just a clarification: when I took my constancia to CFE a few months ago, they wanted the following: Constancia dated within 30 days,  photocopy of (their own) CFE bill, dated within 30 days, and a (front and back) photocopy of the account holder's immigration (temporal/permanente) or voter registration (INE) card; CFE kept all three copies.

TelMex, on the other hand, only wanted to see the Constancia; Telcel didn't want to see or take a copy. So much for consistency among utility providers and the government.

2 hours ago, sunshineydays said:

If I was having problems with mobility will CFE allow someone else to bring my RFC AND constancia in? For example when they take my bill in to be paid.

Just to be safe ...Write or print a simple Carta Poder (POA) in Spanish giving your representative authority to represent you at CFE for the presentation of your Constancia.