Chapala.com Webboard

NEW FEDERAL LAW July 1 RE: RFC 1 includes foreigners

Natasha

"...........All foreign residents in Mexico will soon be required to have a tax number due to a recent tax reform.

Temporary and permanent residents aged 18 or over or anyone with a CURP identity number must have an RFC number by July 1 whether they earn income in Mexico or not..........."

For more info see Mexico News Daily  on line.  My opinion is this will be totally impossible to do for everyone by July 1 because all Mexicans over 18 must also register, and they can only do so many per day.  Article also says it should take 40 minutes.  Hah!!!  We were there a month ago...     inside the building (after lineup outside) for 1 1/2 hours.  Take a book. And don't be late or you'll lose your appt!!

Just found out ( am I the last to know?) there is another option to attend SAT for getting RFC.  Apparently you can opt for that location on making appt. on line. It will ask location you want..... and ADSC Jalisco 2 is a heck of a lot closer to us than the main office. In in Abastos in the 5-storey office building  inside the little privada at about Calle 7 (between 2 bank buildings) on east side.  Easier parking too!

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

It was a lot easier to have someone like Spencer get our RFC numbers. It was more difficult to get CFE to add it to our "profile". 

It was also a lot easier when you could do it (by yourself) on line. Alas, no more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Natasha said:

Just found out ( am I the last to know?) there is another option to attend SAT for getting RFC.  Apparently you can opt for that location on making appt. on line

Unless a person has had reason to make SAT appointments before, I'm not sure how they would know, but there has always been the "location" part when making an appointment. In fact, I think it's required to input. How else would they know which office's calendar to display? 

Does the appt have to be in the area you live? For example, if I live in GDL but am going to be Baja Sur for a couple of months can I just get the RFC while there? It seems like it wouldn’t matter since SAT is a national office. Thoughts?

There was an article on the Yuclandia (Yucatan site) about the RFC and the author stated that appointments in Merida were tough so people were driving to SAT offices in Campeche and Chetumal. It would make sense since the RFC is not issued by a state but then a lot of government rules in Mexico don't always make sense.

Read for yourself by searching yuclandia and RFC. This site rejected posting the link. The article is titled "Mexico’s Three New Requirements for Mexicans over Age 18 & Foreign Residents to Register with SAT"

There's another page on the SAT site dealing with changing a password. The screen asks for the RFC number but when entering it an error pops on the 13th character saying only 12 characters are allowed. When pressing the OK button with the 1st 12 characters you get an error saying the RFC number is in an invalid format. It's hard to guess what they're looking for.

The forgot password option on the login screen takes you to another screen asking for your electronic signature which of course we don't have. Before getting there you're asked if you have an electronic signature. There is only a Yes button, not one saying no.

40 minutes ago, John Shrall said:

The screen asks for the RFC number but when entering it an error pops on the 13th character saying only 12 characters are allowed

Personal RFCs are 13 characters, RFCs in the name of a company or business are 12 characters, so maybe you are in the wrong portal, or the site is just poorly programmed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

I have an RFC but never received a card or the quar? code. Does anyone know how I can obtain these? After talking to my neighbor I found she does not have these either. We both got the RFCs years ago, I guess before the gov gave these out. Thanks

Fill this out and if you have one, it will tell you what it is. I took a screenshot of the page, printed it, and took that to CFE.

https://www54.sat.gob.mx/curp/Consult

3 hours ago, chapalence said:

Fill this out and if you have one, it will tell you what it is. I took a screenshot of the page, printed it, and took that to CFE.

https://www54.sat.gob.mx/curp/Consult

As stated, I have my RFC and have had it over 10 years. I do not have the official card and QR code, perhaps do not need it but wish to have it for my records. Although the electric is in my name, I do not expect to take it to CFE, if the want or need it, they can ask for it. When I asked at my bank I was told they did not need it. So, I just need to find out how to get the card and QR code. Thanks,

On 5/25/2022 at 2:29 PM, luvsdawgs said:

As stated, I have my RFC and have had it over 10 years. I do not have the official card and QR code, perhaps do not need it but wish to have it for my records. Although the electric is in my name, I do not expect to take it to CFE, if the want or need it, they can ask for it. When I asked at my bank I was told they did not need it. So, I just need to find out how to get the card and QR code. Thanks,

The code is on the constancia so get the constancia

It is all so  puzzling. I got a new RFC at SAT 3 years ago and they gave me a constancia but no password. I have used the RFC a lot for expense reimbursement , I used it 2 months ago.. now I asked for a factura from the mason and his accountant says that my RFC is not an active RFC.. She came to help me apply for the contraseña that I will receive in 5 days  after 2 tokens were sent to me.. We will see on Tuesday if it worked.. then I will try to get the constancia as I need it for my car insurance and for the house insurance and for the new deed.. It is all so screwy.. Why would my RFC go inactive it is totally insane.and such a waste of time and energy, The house insurance had one of these generic number on it and I am not letting this one go.. This time I want it corrected or I am not paying..I do not want those things to come back and haunt me later.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bmh said:

his accountant says that my RFC is not an active RFC..

If you got it 3 years ago, but haven't used it for anything since then, i.e. not had any facturas issued to you during that time, nor done any financial declarations, and so on, it's possible that they may somehow mark it as "inactive", but that wouldn't mean that the RFC number is no longer valid.

I have had an RFC number since 2004 and have paid taxes on my business all that time. I took care of all that myself, I didn't have an accountant. At that time, it was a matter of taking my income and expense receipts to SAT every two months, they gave me the paper to pay at the bank. Then in 2008 they changed to an online reporting system, and online tax payment, and at that point I had to have a password to sign in. But in my recollection, SAT did not issue me a password- that was something I set up online myself. They might have given some password which users changed to whatever they wanted, but I know the password I use and have always used was one I came up with myself, as it is a combo of letters and numbers relating to my kids' birthdays.

For sure the Fiel expires, though, and has to be renewed after some time, which is possibly what the accountant you talked to was referring to.

Typical Gov't --long lines at SAT--Phones busy-Online ?; we'll get back to you--Omlo demands  -" YOU WILL COMPLY"-!!!-- HA---I enjoyed my first visit to Santander in two years--"COVID YEARS"; now empty---- The whole world in PV was at the SAT office- I emptied my account to get ready for the steal--Ever think of hiring people to handle the load ??=- of course not---GOV'T,  at it's worse---HA. I'm retired; so I'll just go dark-"AGAIN" -Maybe I'll come out of the shadows in a couple of years--If there is a world left-HA--As Herr Klause  Schabb says--" YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING AND BE HAPPY"-- Typical NAZI--again --"SO SAD"--