Chapala.com Webboard

New Federal mobility law

Mostlylost

Recently passed federal regulations will include the requirement for an exam to renew a drivers license. 

to obtain or renew a driver's license or permit  you must pass a comprehensive assessment test that demonstrates your aptitude for it.

This will include a theory exam and a practical exam of the necessary knowledge and skills. The tests must be carried out before the date of issuance or renewal of the license or permit.

Although, for the moment, there is still no process to follow, but the law does say that the states and the federation will now be in charge of building them.

Once the new law enters into force, the states will have up to six months to create or modify their laws so that they are in accordance with the federal one.

https://www.xataka.com.mx/automovil/nueva-ley-movilidad-2022-mexico-limites-velocidad-como-funcionara-alcoholimetro-cuando-sera-ilegal-usar-celular

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 10:46 AM, Ferret said:

Groan. What a p.i.t.a. !

The odds of being stopped for an infraction are extremely low--Just pay the two hundred pesos to the cop and all is well--I,ve been stopped a few times with a "valid" license; and I still had to pay-- 200 pesos; we shook hands and our separate ways away we went--HA--" Money talks and Caca de Toto walks"---HA