Chapala.com Webboard

IFE/INE Renewal question FOR MEXICAN CITIZENS please

Our 10-yr renewal is due this year (again).    Looked on the INE website and had a hard time figuring out documents for renewal vs. new application. Already know Jocotepec is the nearest. Decided to phone the INE 800 number.  Nice young man told me what we needed, but also said: "Because you are both seniors,  you do NOT need to make an appointment.  They must give you priority service because of your ages. " When I pushed to be sure Joco is included, he said   " yes, and in fact it would better if you just show up".

OK..... I'm all for that.... except when you look at Joco  requirements it adamantly says "no cita  no service"  .... and of course they never answer the phone in that office.  Went back to the INE site and asked via email, with response required.  So far nada.  

Anyone know the facts..... just the FACTS...... for sure??     Gracias!!    

• Natasha changed the title to IFE/INE Renewal question FOR MEXICAN CITIZENS please
2 hours ago, Brucelee1731 said:

Personally when i went to get mine i never did an appointment i just showed up and they attended me without an appointment and im not a senior so id say just show up

How long ago?  2007 and 2012 no appt needed. (Joco and then Chapala)   Since CoV much has changed.  Appts. FOR SURE for under 60's.  It's  seniors I'm asking about.  Thanks anyway.

27 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

INE mobile unit will be at the cultural center in Ajijic again later this month

Yes..... and they hand out 40 fichas per day.  Lady in the delegado office told me if you aren't in line before 4 a.m. to forget it. 

just finished last week taking two mexican friends in their 20's to joco.  Had to go early to get in line as they only take a few each day.  Open at 8am, we were there by 6:30, 3 already in line.  No appointment necessary.  They were told what documents they needed.  Had to return the next day....as we did very early, gave documents.  Then one week later we returned for the actual new card.  Yes it was for their 10 year renewal.  

Our experience(s) in Jocotepec: If you have an appointment, you will check in and be taken (más o menos) at your appointment time. There is a separate line for people without appointments; they are attended to as space becomes available.

A year ago here in Guaymas Sonora I needed to change from Jocotepec to here. I was told to make an appointment by my Mexican friend. I did not. I just showed up and was asked if I had an appointment? I said I ddi not know I needed one. The guy went inside and returned told me to get in line. With-in 30 minutes I walked out with new card. 

My advice just show up and give it a try. 

12 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Is this for citizen renewal or permanente ?  I thought permanente didn’t need renewal and why would citizenship need renewal. Please clarify what needs to be renewed every 10 years??

Ine is like a national id card and it is good for 10 years.It is only for Mexican citizens.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

A year ago here in Guaymas Sonora I needed to change from Jocotepec to here. I was told to make an appointment by my Mexican friend. I did not. I just showed up and was asked if I had an appointment? I said I ddi not know I needed one. The guy went inside and returned told me to get in line. With-in 30 minutes I walked out with new card. 

My advice just show up and give it a try. 

Maybe Guaymas is easier.... because for sure in Joco (and in the roving locations) you do have to return for your card.  But thanks for your input.

While awaiting reply from BruceLee (location) will tell all that I just talked to INE (800 number) again.  She confirmed that seniors MUST be taken on priority basis, and if refused at the door, we should get the name of the person denying entry and report them. 

Guessing that remark, if needed,  might get us in?  🤔  Will decide if worth the risk vs appt.

They usually are ver rspectful with old folks.. In CHiapas they put me in front of the line that was more than 100 indigenous, I felt totally embarrassed until I realize I was given priority because I was old and not because I was           non indigenous..  In Oaxaca in Teotitlan the old ladies go in front of the line of people waiting for taxis.. so it is not surprising that they give us priority.