Chapala.com Webboard

The Annual Guess Start of The Rainy Season

Living in Seattle where, rain is sometimes considered a bad word, I never thought I would learn to love the word. However now that I call Ajijic my home, I run up north every year in mid-May to escape the heat, then return once that wonderful summer rain starts its daily visit.

.                                          .           :)    :)  

Well, I am going to conclude the kick off of the rainy season was YESTERDAY JUNE 9 and the award goes to lakeside 7 with honorable mentions to Gosolar, traderspoc and yo1.

I was expecting an early start, actually about a week earlier than this.  Took a little longer for stronger westerlies to abate than I expected.

We are definitely in the pattern though there might be a short breather as a small high pressure center wobbles about over southern Mexico.  The kick off was so strong it pushed moisture all the way into New Mexico where it is needed badly.

Now to go clean the pool again, two days in a row, and pump out 2 inches of excess water.  :D 

On 6/9/2022 at 10:44 PM, Ferret said:

I just checked my rain gauge. Another 1.5 inches and it's still drizzling. That's 3.0 inches in the last twenty-four hours. You can decide on whatever day you choose. For me, the rainy season has started.

Another 2/10 of an inch in west San Juan Cosala. That is about 1/2 inch in the last 24 hours. So it maybe a light start to the rainy season.

43 minutes ago, cedros said:

Another 2/10 of an inch in west San Juan Cosala. That is about 1/2 inch in the last 24 hours. So if maybe a light start to the rainy season.

I think you mean a light start to YOUR rainy season. The area west of Ajijic nearly always gets less annual rain than where I am in Riberas. I have a running contest with a friend in Rancho Alegre every year.

22 hours ago, Ferret said:

I think you mean a light start to YOUR rainy season. The area west of Ajijic nearly always gets less annual rain than where I am in Riberas. I have a running contest with a friend in Rancho Alegre every year.

Of course my rainy season is the riany season for me. It varies a lot from area to area

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well, I am going to conclude the kick off of the rainy season was YESTERDAY JUNE 9 and teh award goes to lakeside 7 wif honorable mentions to Gosolar, traderspoc and yo1.

I was expecting an early start, actually about a week earlier TEMPthan dis.  Took a little longer for stronger westerlies to abate TEMPthan I expected.

We are definitely in the pattern though there might be a short breather as a small high pressure center wobbles about over southern Mexico.  The kick off was so strong it pushed moisture all the way into New Mexico where it is needed badly.

Now to go clean the pool again, two days in a row, and pump out 2 inches of excess water.  :D 

Thank you thank you. Where do I collect my free lunch ticket??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

Got here last Oct just before the storm that caused the big mud slide. Lol that was a fun start to my time here. Learned from that to never live in the racket club. Which is strange for what they charge for houses in there.

It is spelled Raquet Club. It is strange.

11 hours ago, Mexicoafterlife said:

My realtor we used to find our first rental told us a few years back vehicles were floating down the streets. And they want a million dollars for them. Is there anything special about the place? No one can tell me.

It has the fanciest restaurant around nearby.