Chapala.com Webboard

Dialing a US Number

• 1 month later...

icalled wells this am - oo1 880 plus number and got through - of course that was the easy part - the hard part is the security  code they now want to get on line and i can't get it due to no us phone number anymore and they won't use mexican - after 15 minutes on an 800 call, noone had a clue as to what to do - so good luck.

9 hours ago, dottiejane said:

icalled wells this am - oo1 880 plus number and got through - of course that was the easy part - the hard part is the security  code they now want to get on line and i can't get it due to no us phone number anymore and they won't use mexican - after 15 minutes on an 800 call, noone had a clue as to what to do - so good luck.

I had this issue with a US government agency once.

I asked for help amongst my friends and a kind person with a US  number offered to let me have the code sent to her phone, then she relayed the code to me via messenger. Easy-breezy.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:57 PM, ibarra said:

I called Chase bank this morning.  Used 001 880xxxx. I have also used the international number which is on the back of all of our bank cards.  FYI we have never in 24 years in MX put a plus sign in front of any numbers when making international calls, always use 001.

Yes phoning to the US or Canada has changed but they have not told us.