Chapala.com Webboard

a physiotherapist

My doctor has suggested that a physiotherapist may help deal with neuropathy in my lower legs. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks, I will try Jorge first as I have had some private recommendations for him and I know where his office is.

9 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

That's when a pen and paper come in handy. I'd forget half the stuff I had to do if I didn't write it down.

That won't work, when after Jorge is done, and to save you money and continue treatment he produces a large booklet with fotos and directions for all the machines he wants you to use at the gym to continue your rehab. I speak from experience. He even arranged a long term monthly discount for me at the gym

On 5/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, cedros said:

My doctor has suggested that a physiotherapist may help deal with neuropathy in my lower legs. Can anyone recommend a good one?

I was bed ridden for four months and told by a Guad phtsican that I would not walk again.  Miguel Reyes  who came to the house 3 times a week. It took a painful three months but I now walk without a cane or walker. I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Miguel Reyes 331-758-2562 from Chapala college trained Physical Thearpist

I went to 3 other therapist one frlm guadalajara and I never was gkven anything to remember the exervises I had to do

. I hate exercise amd i.midiately forget what I am.supposed to fl.. Jorge did his trakni g in Europe where therapists are super well trained and it shows when you go to him.

2 hours ago, bmh said:

I went to 3 other therapist one frlm guadalajara and I never was gkven anything to remember the exervises I had to do

. I hate exercise amd i.midiately forget what I am.supposed to fl.. Jorge did his trakni g in Europe where therapists are super well trained and it shows when you go to him.

He was the trainer for a pro soccer team in Spain.

• Like 1

Wow. Didn’t know that about Jorge but he practiced in the US several years. He will do his rehab plan according to how the person is progressing. He will rehab you at your ability and discharge you when you have reach max help from him. Then a home exercise recovery plan in writing. 

• Like 1