Chapala.com Webboard

Impact of inflation in LC

55 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Your numbers are a total joke!!! Oil and gas are fungible and worldwide numbers...The US numbers were directly affected by you know who restricting drilling, fracking, pipeline construction and more. The US was energy independent and a net exporter before you know who took over...GET REAL!!!! 

Gringo- you are right--the problem with the world economy-is man made--"SABOTAGE"-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Ferret said:

Covid has put ALL the supply chains in jeopardy. imho, it would be far worse if the U.S. administration had not changed and Putin has just made it worse because he invaded the bread basket of a great many countries. 

you are right--covid was the plandemic to destroy the economy--It was a perfect storm--It destoyed businesses and lives with the poison jabs-

8 hours ago, Lily H said:

Charlie Munger said beginning of this year, "If I can be optimistic when I'm nearly dead, surely the rest of you can handle a little inflation."

Problem !! this the mother of all inflation--A depression is certain -- the dark forces are determined to kill us-Ukrain? the breadbasket of the world;--we are living through a depopulation event- "Billions-" Why do you think the third world is flooding into America--"they know"--Can the US take in ; say, six billion ????--do the math--your six shooter won't be able to fend off thousands at your door looking for food--!!!

8 hours ago, DanteNXS said:

My hope was to get a current gauge of the economic situation in Lakeside, I wasn't trying to obtain any left vs right viewpoints, or cause any discourse among the group. 

The article I read was published in a newspaper from Mexico City, and was written by a Mexican reporter. Apparently the inflation rate in Mexico has increased dramatically over the past 3 years, and I just wanted to get the groups feedback on how it's affecting them and the LC region.

Thanks again 

Left and right viewpoints ? how about life and death viewpoints--can you figure what point is life and which is death ?---I can-!

30 minutes ago, bobby brown said:

Mainecoons--it's time to get rid of cash to fight inflation and buy hard assets--I just put a deposit down  on a new condominium  here in PV- "Penthouse on the eight floor"- I bought it at presale for 600,000.00 dollars-It won't be completed until four years from now; and the value is estimated to be 1.2 million on completion-- that's how one fights inflation-- you have to buckle up and ride the wave---HA

Lots of luck on that!!! Can you say 2008 all over again...and much worse???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gringohombre said:

2008 was a cake walk-!! my friend; we are facing an extinction event-no shite-- I'm 73 years old and I finally get it--this" happenIng" is "BAD"--you know all the movies we've seen ?--well they were insights of the future  or they were used as a blueprint---no shite--I don't know if hollywood can see the future; ? or evil is using it as a blue print--1984 is here on steroids !!!----WOW--I just have a bad feeling about it all--I was freaked out when I was drafted for the Vietnam war; but this is worse--they are pushing too hard--the jab; stealing our kids; wars; jay 6th; stealing elections in your face; no fairness in the courts; etc.--buckle up !!!!

15 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I know; but this real estate is special--ALL the swells will immigrate here--Panels ; not needed--cool ocean breeze on the eight floor-!- I'll freeze my arse off---HA--at my age this is my last hurahh----HA

24 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Yea- I hear you--I had all my credit erased and my credit cards canceled--I had to start over from scratch " In retirement"--but today; i"m invested into a 1.2 million us dollar investment--if I die today; so be it--my dream will be handed over to my daughter in my will-My investments will still live on ---HA--Take that Klaus Shaub--you Nazi---HA--I will have nothing ; and be happy--I'm dead but my memory lives on---HA--Karl Shab  ?  - die in Hell, with your rotten bottom teeth--don't get me started on that---HA--I think in my previous I was a dentist ---HA

11 hours ago, RickS said:

I'm in ibarra's corner on this one....

I fight inflation--rather than go to Cosco; I sent my tire rotation ( wifey's car ) to my local mechanic-- 100.00 pesos for the shop ( which went to the owners pocket, no receipt); tax free-, and a fifty peso tip to the mechanic; tax free,--Money well spent-- "DEATH TO INFLATION"--private economy-- the future--HA

Just now, bobby brown said:

I fight inflation--rather than go to Cosco; I sent my tire rotation ( wifey's car ) to my local mechanic-- 100.00 pesos for the shop ( which went to the owners pocket, no receipt); tax free-, and a fifty peso tip to the mechanic; tax free,--Money well spent-- "DEATH TO INFLATION"--private economy-- the future--HA

OH-- my wife scollded me ( Mexican)-- you are such a cheap bastardo-!--I replied; YES I AM---HA--Was the shop complaining ?-----nooooooo-- they lub me---HA---come again sir--!!---HA

11 hours ago, Richmond said:

You can put forward any excuse you want regarding the causes of inflation, be it higher fuel costs, the war in the Ukraine, Putin or Covid. They give politicians, regardless of party, the perfect cover, especially with the mid-term elections on the horizon. Sadly, leadership is thin on the ground, and we may see Global Warming but not in the way those who believe in it will expect. Instead, we will all glow green. As for the cost of rental properties in Lakeside, they were on the increase way before the war in the Ukraine.

Bottom line-- inflation, at best poor management--today a war on humanity--brought to you by rotten teeth; Karl Shab--old nazi--HA

8 hours ago, bobby brown said:

Mainecoons--it's time to get rid of cash to fight inflation and buy hard assets--I just put a deposit down  on a new condominium  here in PV- "Penthouse on the eight floor"- I bought it at presale for 600,000.00 dollars-It won't be completed until four years from now; and the value is estimated to be 1.2 million on completion-- that's how one fights inflation-- you have to buckle up and ride the wave---HA

I'd be leery of buying into a RE bubble.  Particularly for property you don't really own but have to hold in a bank trust.

Just sayin'

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DanteNXS said:

I mean no disrespect, but after reading certain responses to my post, I get the impression that some members of this group are dealing with unresolved issues and quite possibly have stopped taking their meds.

Just saying. 

For reasons known only to the administrator and moderators @chapala @moderator5 @moderator-2, BobbyBrown is allowed to post whatever he wants, including "jokingly" calling others nazis and making what he thinks are 'funny' references to nazi atrocities (making people into lampshades).  These type of comments would get others banned, but he seems to have carte blanche. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1