Chapala.com Webboard

CFE 🐣

13 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

if you like living in a steam bath half the year. 

Half the year? Hardly. It's only very recently starting to get hot here in the PV area during the day, it isn't humid at all, and it's currently about 62 degrees farenheit at my place. 

Hot and steamy lasts about 4 months, max, and in the rainy season, lots of nights are cool and if it's rained all night, the mornings are sometimes cool enough to put on long pants and a long sleeved shirt.

Not denying it doesn't get hot and humid here, but it isn't some half a year of misery as you falsely claim.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Half the year? Hardly. It's only very recently starting to get hot here in the PV area during the day, it isn't humid at all, and it's currently about 62 degrees farenheit at my place. 

Hot and steamy lasts about 4 months, max, and in the rainy season, lots of nights are cool and if it's rained all night, the mornings are sometimes cool enough to put on long pants and a long sleeved shirt.

Not denying it doesn't get hot and humid here, but it isn't some half a year of misery as you falsely claim.

Glad you like it.  Surprised there's not a local board where you can hang out and post insults like you do here.  :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

15 minutes ago, Ferret said:

There used to be a local board in PV. It died from poor quality moderating.

Rick and Sarah were more interested in converting half of their house into a bar. Reminded me of the old song "I'm gonna hire a wino to decorate our home". Sad

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

We used to tell friend that from roughly mid-Nov to mid-May PV had the best weather we had ever lived in, including Lakeside. Between times was hot and humid. October was worst with usually cloudy, humid and no breeze weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Rick and Sarah were more interested in converting half of their house into a bar. Reminded me of the old song "I'm gonna hire a wino to decorate our home". Sad

I LOVE that song. ... "and a neon sign to point the way to our bathroom down the hall". There was another forum as well. Rick and Sarah's was really a free for all. I cut my forum teeth there. Brutal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

We used to tell friend that from roughly mid-Nov to mid-May PV had the best weather we had ever lived in, including Lakeside. Between times was hot and humid. October was worst with usually cloudy, humid and no breeze weather.

Sounds like 6 months to me.  We found October in Santiago (outside of Manzanillo) to definitely be too hot and humid.  That was a bit of a surprise.

The condo we rent at the beach is directly on the ocean south of Barra de Navidad.  It is definitely cooler than where we rented on a bay in La Manzanilla or Santiago.  I am guessing maybe because the sea breeze is more direct and cooler.  

Also PV has gotten so big and built up probably a bit of the urban heat island effect there.

It was plenty cool at the condo this Semana Santa and the ocean was downright cold.  Last couple of days a lot of fog.  We've been going there for this week for sometime and this is the first time we encountered such cool conditions, let alone fog.

When the winds change to predominantly from the east HERE, the same thing happens on the coast. That makes the onshore breeze an offshore breeze and the cooling effect of the ocean disappears. Yeah, mid June to mid October (give or take a couple of weeks) is awful on the coast. I do not like heat but throw in humidity and I hate it. Mudgirl is an exception. Lived full time in San Pancho for six years. Never again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

October was worst with usually cloudy, humid and no breeze weather.

I have always found June and October in the PV area to be the most uncomfortable-  just before and after the rainy season kicks in, when it's just relentlessly hot and humid. Once the rain starts, it cools things down, which the foreigners who high-tail it out of here at the end of April and return in late October don't realize- they assume it was even steamier in the intervening months, which isn't true.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

I have always found June and October in the PV area to be the most uncomfortable-  just before and after the rainy season kicks in, when it's just relentlessly hot and humid. Once the rain starts, it cools things down, which the foreigners who high-tail it out of here at the end of April and return in late October don't realize- they assume it was even steamier in the intervening months, which isn't true.

It is steamier in the intervening months. The rain provides the extra humidity. If it works for you then fine. But it's HOT and it's STICKY and UNCOMFORTABLE for many people.

• Like 2