Chapala.com Webboard

Conservatives Lakeside

Zeb

15 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

There are hardly any of us large C true conservatives here. Mainly teabaggers and nutbars.

I don't know what a nutbar is, however, it does not sound complimentary.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zeb said:

The first term describes someone who is unhinged and delusional. The latter  is a crude homophobic term used years ago to describe people in the US that agreed with the tea party movement. All in all a pretty crappy response to a genuine question from the OP.

Assuming the OP was asking about US conservatives, no organization as far as I know but lots of conservatives in town. Amazingly there are many from California.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, John Shrall said:

The first term describes someone who is unhinged and delusional. The latter  is a crude homophobic term used years ago to describe people in the US that agreed with the tea party movement. All in all a pretty crappy response to a genuine question from the OP.

Assuming the OP was asking about US conservatives, no organization as far as I know but lots of conservatives in town. Amazingly there are many from California.

I put it to you that you are the homophob with a basura statement like that. Although teabaggers and nutbars share some philosophies,they are 2 separate entities and there are plenty of them here among us. Too many.

pedro kertesz

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Me think you are to many.

I was not asking for criticism of people with whom you don't agree.  If this is not something that interests you, then PLEASE do not respond to my post. Do not participate. Start your own topic.

Only answer if you have information I have requested.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I was not asking for criticism of people with whom you don't agree.  If this is not something that interests you, then PLEASE do not respond to my post. Do not participate. Start your own topic.

It is an open forum. Live with it, please. You start a thread with a troll bait question what do you expect, seriuosly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, Zeb said:

I'll take that title---HA----A nutbar; I believe; is someone that does the research and comes up which is contrary to the herd lazy beliefs--that like to be fed and question nothing--

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John Shrall said:

In plain english a nutbagger is someone who always asks "WHY" ????-- a real pain in the arse for someone who wants to get over on you--HA

5 hours ago, John Shrall said:

No doubt ---I'm from Comifornia--we really got a good dose of big gov't--and a Fascist economy-- since I escaped; my buying power has increased 4 fold--Leaving was the best move in my life-I've already am resolute that I will NEVER go back; and with all this covid nonsense ; I'm resolved  to never to even visit--My only regrets is Round Table; Taco Bell; Jack in the Box; and ARBIES , my favorite--HA

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, John Shrall said:

that's the problem with labels--just another form of swear words--serve nobody--

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

well; to be blunt; to answer your question; there are none--good luck with your search; but you will be very disappointed--

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

sorry to inform you; but your request has been answered--so thanks for the request--this post now belongs to us !!  You've been jacked--  we have things to contribute too---HA

A dozen years ago there was a Republican group that met regularly. The Democrats Abroad have always been quite active but the Republican group quit announcing meetings maybe 9 years ago. There was a Tea Party group meeting for a short time but I haven't heard of any organized group recently.

See an actual answer to the OP's question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Isn't this political? And US- oriented?

I know Conservatives from Canada, France, Belgium and Germany here at Lakeside.  Obviously, we aren't sitting around talking only about U.S. politics.  The OP said nothing about Conservatives from the U.S.   Here is one definition of conservative:

adjective
 - disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
 - cautiously moderate or purposefully low:a conservative estimate.
 - traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness:conservative suit.

Zeb, you already know about 3 groups.  You actually told me about one of them last year.  Two of them meet at two different restaurants every Friday morning which you have attended, the other one is very large and is on Telegram.   But, if you want more to chose from, so be it.

• Like 1

Actually what is needed is more smart conservative and a whole lot less of the Trumper,Le Pen and other types.. Just my opinion .. IA long time ago  met a woman here who was a Republican and was smart and a pleasure to speak with.. It is good to have people of different believes , it is what makes a society balance. Unfortunately there are less and less civil people from both sides.

• Like 4