Chapala.com Webboard

Ambualnces. Private services

bmh

On 4/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, bmh said:

Anyone know what is the private alternative to Cruz Roja in the Chapala area. I used two different services this month and lost the cards.. They were great.. Anyone can help?

Hi B., 

Not private, but maybe the Chapala municipal clinic can help you.  It is my first place to go for doctor or any kind of medical emergency....open 24 hours.  

Hug 

Rony

The problem is that their procedure is to call the cops without warning people when the person that needs help is dead by the time tey arrive. 

I will not give them a penny until they change that procedure. 

It happened to me last wednesday. I call them because my husbnad was having problem breathing at midnight. By the time they showed up 20 minutes later , he was dead. I had called the doctor as well but  the minute they pronounced my husnamd dead they called the cops. The cops wer there before the doctor 5mn later 2 cars full.... and then my real nighmare started.

What happened was horrendous. I will never forget it.

I speke with a lawyer and everyone should know that the cops have no right to enter if you do not give them permission

if they enter because the door was opened for the ambulance.Kick them out. DO not talk to them tell them to get out.  I am checking into the ambuulance guys calling the cops when they pronounce the death natural. If it is so with no signs of violence the cops should not be involved and therefore the ambulance has no right to call them.

That is what the wonderful cruz roja did which allows the cops to do their desmadre...to be polite.

Believe me it is a whole lot safer and cheaper emotionally and financially to call a private ambulance.

• Thanks 2

I am recovered , do not worry.. I will publish the end of the story when it ends.. This is not over, just the beginning.

Bob had a wonderful last day , we had a great time that day, he passed away very suddenly, the best death anyone can get so for this I am greatful.

• Like 3

So very very sorry, B.,

What a nightmare.

But can you be sure that a private ambulance doesnt call the police either, .....because they might have to.

Hugs

Rony

The law is that the police must be called in case of violent death or crime so there is no requirement to call the police in case of a natural death..

This was confirmed to me by 2 doctors and a lawyer. If anyone has heard something differnt please let me know. I have a lawyer friend of mine investigando the whole thing and will confirm everything eventually but that is what I have been told..also by San Francisco Funeral home. 

I have no idea why Cruz Roja did this and they do that at night  because a 2 friends of mine lostt their husands during the day called cruz roja who did not call eht police.

That is why I am investigating this case with a lawyer.

Something similar just happened this week. I do not have details but I know that th body was snet to the morgue without any reason.. This is plain wrong and something has to be done about it.

9 hours ago, artsnob said:

The Ajijic Clinica also has an ambulance, and great Doctors..they have saved my life more than once...

They might have saved my husbands lige but whe someone who loves is dying in your arms it is difficult to thing straight believe me.

bmh, I am so sorry for your loss and all that you've been put through. 

To answer the question, we used Ambulancias Michel S. de R.L. de C.V. that operate in conjunction with Riberas Medical Center.  332-637-9278 They transported hubby to a Guad hospital when he had an emergency and they were great. FWIW, please remember that any private/independent ambulance service is going to want to be paid immediately, so be sure to carry your card/cash if you're the support. 

On 4/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, artsnob said:

The Ajijic Clinica also has an ambulance, and great Doctors..they have saved my life more than once...

There was an ambulance on the west side of the Ajijic Clinic. A few years ago I asked Dr. Rodriguez about it. He replied that it was an antique that did not operate. Maybe they have a newer one now.

I'm so sorry to read this sad news of your loss, thinking of you, sending peaceful and healing energy.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Val Jones. :(

Thank you all for the condoleances. I am ok .. just reaaly cannot imagined what would have happened if my friends had not been there , if I had been alone with those creeps and I I had not spken Spanish.. I want people to think about that so they do not fall victims to this kind of abuse.  

I will get to the bottom of the story. I worked on it today all day and have appointments to see more people with the lawyer tomorrow.  So things that can be changed are changed.. I will not rest until I know all the ins and outs. We are thorough about it and are going by written statements and  written procedures, no hearsay. 

THe police did another abuse of authority this week so I am not the only one in this community .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

bmh, so sorry to hear of your loss.

My family had a similar experience when my brother died of a heart attack last November. The ambulance service called the cops who came and locked the place up for over four months to "investigate" even though we proved natural cause of death. It took an appearance in front of a judge in March to finally order the place opened.

I'm disappointed to hear this is going on with others. I was hoping it was unique. It's a heads up for expats. My thinking is to have somebody call a doctor ONLY as he should have full authority to make decisions. Perhaps include this in your personal directive?

I look forward to your developments.

• Like 2

I SEND YOU A PM  .

the cops are poorly trained and that is at the end the responsability of the municipal president.. According to the funeral home it is happening a lot , not to just the 2 of us and it is to be brought up to the attention of the people responsable for ambulances and the president so they change their procedures. What you have in your will or instructions  will not be read.The foreign community is very generous and  the community and is being used.. Time to wake up everyone

. Y