Chapala.com Webboard

Aero Mexico Notice to Canadian Travellers Incorrect plus ArriveCAN app

Rec'd a Notice of Entry Requirements that incorrectly stated that Travellers Must Have PCV Test. WRONG called this newly named airline & it's agent confirmed that if fully vaccinated NO PCV test was required. That is not the way the notice read!

I won't rant any further about the ArrivCAN app. What a waste of our money & time. Be aware their tested app is NOT tested: extreme patience is required!

Unless something has changed, I used the ArriveCanada app last summer and don't recall having any issues with it.

I also wouldn't trust an airline to give me information about another country's entrance requirements. 

But good heads up for those who might not check for themselves.

6 hours ago, mkshawn said:

Rec'd a Notice of Entry Requirements that incorrectly stated that Travellers Must Have PCV Test. WRONG called this newly named airline & it's agent confirmed that if fully vaccinated NO PCV test was required. That is not the way the notice read!

I won't rant any further about the ArrivCAN app. What a waste of our money & time. Be aware their tested app is NOT tested: extreme patience is required!

Do you mean PCR test? What do you mean by: "this newly named airline"? It has been called that for years.

I believe they are still overwelmed on the uploading of data. After adding an additional traveler the upload would get to 12% then finish with the message "Upload failed" Tried 6x before leaving it alone for a couple of hours, retried & got the OK. That's when it got interesting, tried to input the Departure info & was blocked from giving our dates, realized that the old Entrance Standards required that the test be conducted 72 hrs in advance. Well OK, but the new standard does not require a PCR, so why not allow the data to be completed. It could easily withhold Official Verification until the 72 hr window & send it to you requiring acknowledgement of No Symptoms? So now we wait for the final countdown then wait again & wait again. I worked in just about every mayor airport in Canada. I had a short statement that fully describes the departure process: "Boarding interruptess, how many times am I going to be unnecessarily stopped & questioned or asked to show a boarding pass yet again? Now the process has expanded to the Pre-pre boarding & that's before I even have ordered the cab.

Aeromexico has added a space between Aero & Mexico. Any idea how much it costs to repaint a plane, never mind all other documents a corporation handles.