Chapala.com Webboard

Emission Testing Suspended

It was posted by Antonio Regalado.  He indicated that he had heard on the news a few times that’s it’s been temporarily suspended however he himself was also looking for written confirmation.  They do provide a service for taking cars for people to get emissions sticker so I imagine he will know for sure shortly.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, Alpha1 said:

A post was made on FB by a well know "car person" that the emission testing program has been suspended due to the high failure rates.

Does anyone have other sources confirming this situation?

TIA

DUHH--!!--Looks like the eco freaks tried their freako in Mexico---Can you say huppteee  cars--This is Mexico--Ain'nt nobody got any money to buy good cars--I have been pestered by the eco freaks with smog checks in Cali for the last sixty years--and Mexico had always said we have to be exempt because we poor--I see that this little cottage industry just flopped-!!!!!!!!!!!!---HA

6 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Is it still true that if you NEVER drive the car into greater Guadalajara you don't need an emission sticker yet?

seems good to me--And how is this stunt suppose to be enforced ? My car had the #4 and I went to renew my registration -not a word of any smog cert- If one would enforce this smog-B.S. then enforce it--produce the cert. at the time of renewal----But NO--"no ticke no laundry"--what?  roadside--checkpoints ?--they don't have enough tow trucks--AGAIN--another moron not thinking it through --I know--put a face diaper on the tailpipe--ahaa-- problem solved---HA 

1 hour ago, bobby brown said:

seems good to me--And how is this stunt suppose to be enforced ? My car had the #4 and I went to renew my registration -not a word of any smog cert- If one would enforce this smog-B.S. then enforce it--produce the cert. at the time of renewal----But NO--"no ticke no laundry"--what?  roadside--checkpoints ?--they don't have enough tow trucks--AGAIN--another moron not thinking it through --I know--put a face diaper on the tailpipe--ahaa-- problem solved---HA 

According to GDL Reporter and other MX sites, no fines will be issued before July.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Floradude said:

How is payment made?

Vehicle verification can be paid online, recaudadoras, and bank windows. It is very important to mention that the Responsible Verification Centers do not accept money, so the payment cannot be made there, it must be done before scheduling the appointment.

The instructions are on the website where you make your appointment.

https://citas-verificacionresponsable.jalisco.gob.mx/#/

• Like 1

It may be helpful for you to know that you may have to return for another inspection before a year goes by. For instance, my license plate ends in the number eight and I will need to go back for another inspection in September or October. After that, the inspection will be on a yearly basis. This is a photo of a poster at the inspection station.

ff02aad9-e1f3-40c6-b2de-cb2caf83add6.thumb.JPG.42d75642782398dd2abb388c23cc461d.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nolajoe said:

It may be helpful for you to know that you may have to return for another inspection before a year goes by. For instance, my license plate ends in the number eight and I will need to go back for another inspection in September or October. After that, the inspection will be on a yearly basis. This is a photo of a poster at the inspection station.

Twice a year is only for cars that are marked for heavy use, like taxis, buses etc. Cars with normal use only have to do it once a year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Vehicle verification can be paid online, recaudadoras, and bank windows. It is very important to mention that the Responsible Verification Centers do not accept money, so the payment cannot be made there, it must be done before scheduling the appointment.

The instructions are on the website where you make your appointment.

https://citas-verificacionresponsable.jalisco.gob.mx/#/

In addition, you also have to wait for (and present) the emailed payment confirmation to your appointment. I had to help a couple from Ajijic who paid and had their bank receipt, but not the email confirmation of the transaction. They were sent away to await the payment email before returning. (They were given a card with a phone number to reschedule in Ocotlán.)

Best to make payment at same place for registration renewal..  you show them your carta de circulación , all information on this goes on your receipt.  The folio number on this also goes on your appointment.   You will get confirmation of your appointment and several days later,  payment confirmation is also received.  Take everything with you