Chapala.com Webboard

Consignment / Used Furniture Stores Chapala?

4 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

As you enter San Juan Cosala from Ajijic, on the mountain side, there is a guy who brings in  unfinished stuff from Michocan. His prices are reasonable and if you give him the stain and brushes he will finish whatever color you want. Just before the 1st traffic light

Is he there every day or ???

4 hours ago, MtnMama said:

You might want to check with the wood furniture maker next to Mom's Deli. We have bought things from him - well made at a reasonable price. 

.WIll give them a try too.   Thanks to both

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Natasha said:

Is he there every day or ???

.WIll give them a try too.   Thanks to both

He is not there everyday and it is hit and miss connecting but there is another shop about 4 to 6 doors further with about the same prices for the same stuff. I bought an entire household (and casita) of furniture from the guy, 2 big beds, tables (4 big 4 small), 8 chairs, tons of shelves, 2 little tables with drawers, 4 dressers for around 14 - 15,000. I just coated them with linseed oil but you can mix in a bit of stain.

3 hours ago, timjwilson said:

He is not there everyday and it is hit and miss connecting but there is another shop about 4 to 6 doors further with about the same prices for the same stuff. I bought an entire household (and casita) of furniture from the guy, 2 big beds, tables (4 big 4 small), 8 chairs, tons of shelves, 2 little tables with drawers, 4 dressers for around 14 - 15,000. I just coated them with linseed oil but you can mix in a bit of stain.

sounds like our kind of guy    gracias!!!

On 4/1/2022 at 3:24 PM, Natasha said:

Need a very ordinary used 4-drawer (wood) dresser.  So far (Riberas, AJijic  and FB) priced out of sight!  To those who live or shop in Chapala... are there any there? Gracias in advance

I live in Chapala.  There are no second hand shops in Chapala. There was one nice one on Morelos for many years but it went out of business a year or more ago.

11 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Morelos I think you mean.  Tom's Consignment Shoppe.  But yes sadly it closed down years ago.

Yes, you`re right.

Big vote of thanks to TimJWilson.  Excellent dresser at that store and within the budget.  Well made too.... so was worth the trip.

And MtnMama the place by Mom's apparently only sells Mx-style wooden bed frames now.... but they DID have a scrap pile which produced a substitute for the pegboard needed so not a wasted trip at all.

• Thanks 1