Chapala.com Webboard

Propane Tank Capacity

Oatsie

I've tried to search for "propane tank capacity" and found over 1000 entries.  I need the answer sooner than the 2 weeks it will take me to read all 1000 plus posts.

What is the capacity of the normal household propane tank.  I'd prefer an answer in litres, but......

Mine says on the tank. Remember, no more than 85% full, so if yours is 300 liters, only put the # of liters to bring the total to 255 ! My gauge is very accurate. Last time I got propane, my gauge read 20%, so 85% - 20% = 65%. So,  .65 x 300 = 195. Thus, I told the truck guy to put in 195 liters. He did, and my gauge read 85%. I paid for 195 liters. Since the price of propane was 12.65 at that time, I also could have done 195 x 12.65p = 2466.75pesos and told him to put in 2,467 pesos of propane. Either way, he is not cheating me, as I know exactly what he puts in and what the cost is. Easy, huh? :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oatsie said:

I've tried to search for "propane tank capacity" and found over 1000 entries.  I need the answer sooner than the 2 weeks it will take me to read all 1000 plus posts.

What is the capacity of the normal household propane tank.  I'd prefer an answer in litres, but......

That is like asking what is the normal size for a gas tank in a car...  there are many different sizes depending on the brand of tank.

On your tank there should be a label with the size. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

Mine says on the tank. Remember, no more than 85% full, so if yours is 300 liters, only put the # of liters to bring the total to 255 ! My gauge is very accurate. Last time I got propane, my gauge read 20%, so 85% - 20% = 65%. So,  .65 x 300 = 195. Thus, I told the truck guy to put in 195 liters. He did, and my gauge read 85%. I paid for 195 liters. Since the price of propane was 12.65 at that time, I also could have done 195 x 12.65p = 2466.75pesos and told him to put in 2,467 pesos of propane. Either way, he is not cheating me, as I know exactly what he puts in and what the cost is. Easy, huh? :D

I've setup my spread sheet to calculate the pesos amount and monitor the litres used/day.

53 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

I've setup my spread sheet to calculate the pesos amount and monitor the litres used/day.

Interesting. I just check mine about once a year for refills. Whatever rings Your bell. :D

On 3/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, Mostlylost said:

That is like asking what is the normal size for a gas tank in a car...  there are many different sizes depending on the brand of tank.

On your tank there should be a label with the size. 

300 liters

On 3/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, Oatsie said:

Try www.cytsa.com.mx. Their webpage is both in Spanish and English. They have a manufacturing plant in Guadalajara. You can buy directly but their counter is only open on Saturdays for a couple of hours. (price of tanks has pretty much doubled in 4 years).