Chapala.com Webboard

Bobos more common this dry season?

When I first moved here 3+ yrs. ago, "bobos" seemed common only during rainy season. Since last November, they seem to come out every couple of weeks, including last week. Is this unusual? Any reason why there are so many outside rainy season? And what is the English (or scientific) name for these little critters?

3 hours ago, kam said:

I've wondered about this, too. Don't mind Crabbypants, if it isn't in his ballpark, it isn't important.

I don't have a ballpark,just a casa with some bobos in it from time to time that don't do any harm and our resident geckos seem to find them tasty, panties in a knot kam.

I don’t know if they are bobos as they used to fly around and around in a circle going no where. What I have had are these bobo type bugs that stick on screens and do nothing. They have been here for months. Disappear for a couple of days then they return on the screens. They are do nothing bugs. Just sit on the screens. ??

Yeah there are lots out on the streets of Chapala at night and on the malecón.  But if you can't leave your house for health reasons or cause you don't hardly ever leave your house in the evenings then you won't be affected much hence the attitude certain people have on this board.  But at least we have a genuine reason to wear those face masks again folks!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Yeah there are lots out on the streets of Chapala at night and on the malecó.  But if can't leave your house for health reasons or cause you don't hardly ever leave your in the evenings then you won't be affected hence the attitude somebody people have. But at least we have a genuine reason to wear those face masks again!  

If you're referring to me, i can tell you that being on Hidalgo near the lake we get clouds of bobos in our courtyard where it is most enjoyable in the evening watching our buddies, the spotted geckos, going after and munching on them. You seem to have an attitude[passive/aggressive], not I.-SNORK!

joke gecko.jpg

6 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Yeah I might get a little snarky at times with certain posters who I feel are being unneccesarily rude on this board.  But I'm glad the geckos are happy.

Do you get snarky with yourself then,because you have just described your own behavior? What does your handle mean,by the way?