Chapala.com Webboard

Need ride from Tucson to the Lake - anytime between May 15ish and the 30th

Looking for a ride from Tucson for myself and 55 pound springer spaniel and some boxes......

my lease here in Tucson ends on 5-31, and they just raised the rent 30%, so I figure it is time for us to return.  Dog will be 10 (born in Guadalajara)  - starting to get arthritis - and I can get a portable kennel for him - as he is not too keen about strangers - and travels well and he did a round trip when he was younger. 

Number of boxes will depend on room available and price - have crossed the border several times and everything will be well marked.  

Anxious to return - really miss lakeside 

Please email me at chapalashelley@gmail.com

A possible solution??

We have a Jalisco plated car here in New Mexico that will need to go back. We bought it Lakeside Dec 2019 but have an offer in on a house here. If we close on the house the first week of May then according to New Mexico state law we have 90 days to register the car. We cannot register the car in the USA because it does not meet EPA emissions standards. It is a 2013 Honda CRV 111,000 Kilometers or approximately 66,600 miles. If anyone comments or asks questions about all of the legalities of keeping this car in the USA I simply won't answer. I will be selling it south of the border by the end of July regardless. Very very good car with a surprising amount of cargo room. Uses no oil between changes. We would definitely keep it if we could. If this doesn't work for you, and I don't expect it to, then I will put an ad at some point in the proper thread on this forum.

Feel free to PM me but be patient since closing on a house is so time consuming!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Youngtimer said:

A possible solution??

We have a Jalisco plated car here in New Mexico that will need to go back. We bought it Lakeside Dec 2019 but have an offer in on a house here. If we close on the house the first week of May then according to New Mexico state law we have 90 days to register the car. We cannot register the car in the USA because it does not meet EPA emissions standards. It is a 2013 Honda CRV 111,000 Kilometers or approximately 66,600 miles. If anyone comments or asks questions about all of the legalities of keeping this car in the USA I simply won't answer. I will be selling it south of the border by the end of July regardless. Very very good car with a surprising amount of cargo room. Uses no oil between changes. We would definitely keep it if we could. If this doesn't work for you, and I don't expect it to, then I will put an ad at some point in the proper thread on this forum.

Feel free to PM me but be patient since closing on a house is so time consuming!

Depending on how much your asking for your suv, I can probably purchase it from you and bring it back to jalisco. At the same time I would be more than happy to give this other member a ride down. My email is marquezamo@hotmail.com.

9 hours ago, Amigo Alex said:

Depending on how much your asking for your suv, I can probably purchase it from you and bring it back to jalisco. At the same time I would be more than happy to give this other member a ride down. My email is marquezamo@hotmail.com.

That is another solution! I may work out a trade with the OP Mad_Max for a car swap but whatever works the best.

I had trouble looking up the value since I'm not sure what the Mexican bluebook equivalent is but we can probably work out a deal. If you are reselling that might make a difference on what you would like to pay but I'm not greedy on money. You could deduct some expenses too since it would save me from making the trip.

I actually like driving in Mexico but can't spare the time or money right now.

Closing on the New Mexico house is set for May 2. So if nothing goes wrong I can get a new state license and register a replacement car in the state. 

I will send you an email so we can stay in touch. Either way it looks like she has a ride. I may have met you Amigo Alex when you brought something to Ajijic for a friend of mine.

• Like 1

I want to correct what I said above about Alex Perterson's services above. He no longer makes long-distance drives. His service takes you shorter distances.

He's taken me several times recently to doctors'  appointments in Guadalajara. He speaks fluent English, is on time and a good driver.

Lexy

• Like 1