Chapala.com Webboard

The Blue House Dementia Care

Does anyone know about this place? I am in desperate need of a demencia care place for a family member.  If anybody has info good or bad, please share. This is an urgent family situation and if this thread could be kept to responses directly related without the usual it would be most appropriated. It is a very serious urgent situation. 

Thank you all in advance.

2 hours ago, Guiness said:

Does anyone know about this place? I am in desperate need of a demencia care place for a family member.  If anybody has info good or bad, please share. This is an urgent family situation and if this thread could be kept to responses directly related without the usual it would be most appropriated. It is a very serious urgent situation. 

Thank you all in advance.

I think it worth your time to visit and search all the care facilities yourself, you will get plenty of feed back when you arrive and a personal visit to the homes will give you an idea of the conditions. Good luck always a tough choice

• Like 2

"The Blue House"  fromerly run by Dr. Roberto Martinez and his wife Rosario WAS excellent for dementia patients. Sadly it has been gone for a few years due to Dr. R's terrible personal health condition which has rendered him a semi-invalid himself.

Two friends who had family there then went to Ohana (San Juan Cosala) where they both felt the care provided there was exemplary. It's my understanding (??) Ohana now has a dementia wing as well as a "more liberty" wing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

"The Blue House"  fromerly run by Dr. Roberto Martinez and his wife Rosario WAS excellent for dementia patients. Sadly it has been gone for a few years due to Dr. R's terrible personal health condition which has rendered him a semi-invalid himself.

Two friends who had family there then went to Ohana (San Juan Cosala) where they both felt the care provided there was exemplary. It's my understanding (??) Ohana now has a dementia wing as well as a "more liberty" wing.

I have visited the nursing home many times and always have good vibes, never had a meal there o r spoken with folks who have family there

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 9:22 AM, Natasha said:

Yes Ohana has 2 locations in SJC-just a few blocks apart. One is just for those with dementia. The other has a nice location with a huge lawn near the SJC malecon. People seem happy with the latter place.