Chapala.com Webboard

MX peso tanking

lakeside7

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe time to start a new topic

And just why should we not be talking about our money here...is this not one of the most important things we should be talking about??? When I moved here full time in 2008 the $US conversion rate was 10:1. It raised steadily and peaked at 22:1 just a short time ago. Today it is at 19:1 and dropping fast. I understand that the Canadian rate is dropping proportionately. Most expats here are living on fixed incomes and also the HUGE inflation rates El Norte are migrating here as we speak. Should we not be talking about this...and if not...WHY NOT???    

I suggest you go back and read this entire thread. YOU are hell bent on blaming the current administration for all the current woes of the U.S. It is not to blame. There's Covid which is affecting worldwide supplies and transportation. There's the empty promises of fracking. There's the debt increase by Trump who refused to be reined in. And now the war in Ukraine caused by Trump's buddy. Get it? I also remember the 2008 crash. And I also remember the President and Administration that pulled the U.S. out of it and steered the U.S. to a triumphant rally that benefited nearly everyone.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I suggest you go back and read this entire thread. YOU are hell bent on blaming the current administration for all the current woes of the U.S. It is not to blame. There's Covid which is affecting worldwide supplies and transportation. There's the empty promises of fracking. There's the debt increase by Trump who refused to be reined in. And now the war in Ukraine caused by Trump's buddy. Get it? I also remember the 2008 crash. And I also remember the President and Administration that pulled the U.S. out of it and steered the U.S. to a triumphant rally that benefited nearly everyone.

And the dog ate my homework!!! Everything was fine 18 months ago...get over it and live in the real world TODAY!!! I understand, you are one of the 20% who when answering a current poll would check the box "doing a good job". The topic is MX peso tanking!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ferret said:

Nobody is doing a good job anywhere including in Mexico. There are a lot of variables in play not just the one you keep harping on, Johnny One Note.

One note???

Historic Inflation, doubling of gas prices, record number of illegal immigrants flooding border, record drug flow across the border, historic crime wave,  record murder rates, corking Keystone pipeline, green lighting Russian pipeline, supply chain boondoggle, infant formula fiasco, catastrophic Afghanistan pullout…and all in the last 18 months!!!

Beethoven could create an entire symphony with all these notes, and I am sure that I have left some out!!! And yes, this is, and will continue affecting us here well into the future…and it is just starting!!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3