Chapala.com Webboard

FIRST “HEARING WELL” AUDIOLOGY CLINIC OPENED IN AJIJIC

LOCATED IN THE LAKE CHAPALA SOCIETY AND AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC
Gabriela Fons, the national coordinator of the Oír Bien Audiology Clinics, commented that the clinic will be a fixed point available to the public that will operate by appointment, with a schedule of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm.

In addition, thanks to a collaboration with the Starkey brand, for each purchase of a hearing aid at the clinic, another one will be donated, said Fons. The LCS and the Sistema para el Desarrollo Integral de las Familia (DIF) Chapala will be in charge of choosing the ideal person to receive it, who will also receive follow-up care for two years.

To schedule an appointment at «Oír Bien» the telephone number is 333-945-3267.

http://semanariolaguna.com/63786/

I just got hearing aids from them. The brand they sold me are labeled PHONAK Audeu M. The Phonak brand is from Switzerland.

My new hearing aids seem to be working just fine. But I am no expert. I'm just a happy user :) 

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Good to know.  I recall you have Starkeys too?  I'll admit I'm not fond of them, they eat batteries and clog up really easily.

Yes, both me and esposo have Starkeys.  I didn't hear this well with other brands.  I change batteries once a week.  I also use the heated container for them at night.  It helps. But yes, the clogging is something to contend with constantly. Truth is that nothing will replace natural good hearing.  In my case, the hearing loss is hereditary.  My dad was stone deaf at 70, so I'm grateful for the advances in hearing aid technology in the years since then.

I don't quite remember. It was about 7 to 9 days. It wasn't any longer. They had the hearing aid units in stock. They simply had to program them to meet my needs and bring them to lakeside from Guadalajara.

I just went back today some 9 days after I got them to see if I needed any fine tuning. I didn't. Everything was and is just working fine. They were the same brand as the ones I used to use, PHONAKS.

The last pair I bought were purchased at the Seattle Costco some 6 years ago and one of the two had broken and apparently, the average life of hearing aids is around 6 years. So it was suggested that I just get new ones rather than trying to get the broken on repaired.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume this topic is current for 2022.

I have a pair of Rexton BTE hearing aids. They have molded earpieces.

I need them looked at and "tuned up" as needed.

I picked up one phone # here, 332-945-3267. Is the "office" at LCS still open or reopened?

I know I could go to Costco, but I'm figuring even with the gringo tax, local will be better.

Any input?

Thanks.

As I posted above, Eric.  I got a pair of hearing aids from the new hearing aid office located at the LCS earlier this month. And they are working just fine. These folks have their main office in Guadalajara and are providing local service for us lakeside, several times per week.  

Oh, the brand that was recommended for me, happened to be the same brand as I had been provided by Costco some 6 years later. I needed the replacement because my old ones failed, as was expected about every 6 years or so.

• 1 year later...