Chapala.com Webboard

Guardio

cedros

I believe these are the new super scanners to xray truck traffic at the border, mostly trucks into the U.S.A. They did a demo scanning a truck full of Aqua Scooters (that is what they called them). Every detail of the truck was visible including inside the scooters.

They have had a similar technology for a while, but truckers had to get out of the vehicle because it was such high energy. The new version is lower energy, and the drivers do not have to leave the truck.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

I believe these are the new super scanners to xray truck traffic at the border, mostly trucks into the U.S.A. 

🙄  A 30 second Google search would have informed you that it is a computer anti-virus program. Instead you spent more time posting misinformation about what you "believe" it is.

49 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

🙄  A 30 second Google search would have informed you that it is a computer anti-virus program. Instead you spent more time posting misinformation about what you "believe" it is.

Gary waller chillin is just sticking to his usual modus operandi  of fantasy induced  misinformation and pie in the sky drama.-SNORK!

This is an interesting answer I got:

"Short version: guard.io and a traditional antivirus can live side by side, as they serve different purposes. However, having Guardio installed will lower your need for an antivirus.

Let me explain this from a different point of view:

If you have Tylenol in your medicine cabinet, would you still get a flu shot? The medicine will be there for you if you get sick, but the flu shot will prevent you from getting ill in the first place.

Traditional antiviruses and Guardio are the same story. Traditional antiviruses are the medicine to your computer. You turn to them when your computer is already ill and needs treatment. Guardio is the flu shot that protects you in real-time, making sure those viruses don't reach your computer in the first place.

Guardio operates within the browser, where the majority of threats such as identity theft, download scams, and invasive malware are likely to occur. This allows Guardio to block threats BEFORE they reach your computer and have a chance to cause harm, rather than deal with them AFTER the damage is done.

Let's take a real-life example. Search Marquis is a virus that gets onto your PC and alters the tabs and search results. To remove Search Marquis, you will need a traditional antivirus that can remove it from your PC. But by browsing with Guardio, this virus wouldn't have reached the device in the first place. Side note, if you were infected with Search Marquis, Guardio does have a solution for restoring your search and tabs (but this will not remove the actual virus).

Traditional antiviruses tend to have intrusive scans set up and have difficulty staying up to date with the malware updates, making their efficiency lower with time. In contrast, Guardio is continuously updated on evolving threats and scans in the background without interfering

Guardio protects your browser and privacy with several features:

main-qimg-fe5ebccb3bfa3003a9a136d95753e923-pjlq
  • Online Browsing Protection:

Guardio blocks untrustworthy or fraudulent sites and notifies visitors of suspicious phishing or scam sites by showing a block page or an alert.

• Unwanted Notifications:

Guardio blocks out abusive notifications and explicit content by removing malware from your device. Guardio also keeps an eye on connections of push providers to give you a more comprehensive blocking range.

• Personal Information:

Guardio informs you of former and newly discovered data leaks. We recommend you change your login credentials for those sites. (You can monitor five different email addresses such as work, personal and other emails with one account.)

• Browser Extensions:

Malicious extensions can reach your device in sneaky ways and can masquerade as legitimate services. Guardio removes these as soon as they get your device and offers pre-install alerts to avoid malware contact.

To sum things up, for maximum protection, it is recommended to have Guardio or any browser protection installed as well as an antivirus. However, with Guardio installed, your antivirus won't have much work."

106.4K views
View 33 upvotes

Your response is private
Was this worth your time?
This helps us show content you find valuable.

Absolutely not
Definitely yes

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I believe these are the new super scanners to xray truck traffic at the border, mostly trucks into the U.S.A. They did a demo scanning a truck full of Aqua Scooters (that is what they called them). Every detail of the truck was visible including inside the scooters.

They have had a similar technology for a while, but truckers had to get out of the vehicle because it was such high energy. The new version is lower energy, and the drivers do not have to leave the truck.

That is not what it is. See post above>

So do any of you gaurdians and bastions of internet information have an answer for Cedros? No. I thought not!

Neither did you, but you seemed to think a wild guess at what it was, was preferable to not responding, which is what most people would do if they had no idea what it was. 

19 hours ago, cedros said:

That is not what it is. See post above>

Thank you for that Cedros sorry about that, there is lot of chatter about this right now among gardeners and farmers. This new technology is only of interest to gardeners in the U.S.A. At this time. It was actually put in place by that former guy President, who has mandated and funded an initative that every vehicle or truck entering the U.S.A. must be xrayed for smuggling, both drugs and humans. These are megadoses, right up there with irradiation of foods. If Mexico follows, they will begin the same, although the courier companies already do so. Seeds will often arrive dead. Whether the rays would kill an attempted border jumper in someones car trunk - I do not know.

Order seeds from Europe or China, which will be flown to Mexico City. I am waiting for some seeds for the famous D'Espellete red chiles from the Basque region.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Have you gone completely daffy Chillin???  ☹️

When I lived in coastal British Columbia, we used to refer to guys like this as "bushed". They would sit in their remote island cabins, stoned all day, lost in their own versions of reality.

The worst was when they fantasized about all the cute young women who lived on the island, creating fantastical romantic scenarios in their minds, and write 8 page letters to 17 year olds about how they were the woman they had been looking for all their lives, that they are soul mates, ad nauseum. My daughter was the recipient of one of those letters, as were several other girls.

• Haha 1

I worked with German entrepreneur to setup an irradiation facility in Vancouver. The Federal government poured in millions of science credits, which he could sell to other businesses to lower their tax load. Then came organised groups, similar to todays antivaxxers, determined that this process was poisonous.

And for those so curious about my drug and alcohol consumption. I can count on one hand, for last year, the number of times I have drunk or smoked during the day. I have given away at least 5 times more than I consume, but no longer give away anything. I would never grow a 15 foot high, 12 feet across, with 5 foot long colas. It would attract too much attention and plant robbers. I only grow small, very rare plants, ignored by the commercial growers.

Next year, every vehicle or truck entering the U.S. from Mexico will be irradiated, while passengers and drivers remain inside.

I agree that this should be a new topic. Sorry.

Here, learn about irradiation

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/food-irradiation-faq-1.3608013

• Sad 1

I worked with German entrepreneur to setup an irradiation facility in Vancouver. The Federal government poured in millions of science credits, which he could sell to other businesses to lower their tax load. Then came organised groups, similar to todays antivaxxers, determined that this process was poisonous.

And for those so curious about my drug and alcohol consumption. I can count on one hand, for last year, the number of times I have drunk or smoked during the day. I have given away at least 5 times more than I consume, but no longer give away anything. I would never grow a 15 foot high, 12 feet across, with 5 foot long colas. It would attract too much attention and plant robbers. I only grow small, very rare plants, ignored by the commercial growers.

Next year, every vehicle or truck entering the U.S. from Mexico will be irradiated, while passengers and drivers remain inside.

I agree that this should be a new topic. Sorry.

Here, learn about irradiation

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/food-irradiation-faq-1.3608013

But you couldn't resist screwing up yet another topic with your irrelevant  tripe and some BS about what you claim to have done in Vancouver. Why haven't you kept your word about quitting this board. Whoops, I forgot your commitment to truth is non existent.-SNORK!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I don't give a 🌠F what you think meathead, never have, never will.

Now boys, why can't you just get a room and work things out, you just might end up liking  each other, and then what might happen??? You never know, do you!!! Didn't Archie Bunker and Meathead always work it out at the end of the show???

On 2/22/2022 at 11:22 PM, gringohombre said:

Now boys, why can't you just get a room and work things out, you just might end up liking  each other, and then what might happen??? You never know, do you!!! Didn't Archie Bunker and Meathead always work it out at the end of the show???

I first heard from Pedro in 2011. I was restoring an old building in Edmonton, I know it was that year because it was the 9/11 year. Pedro knew that my folks had a beach place In Puerto Vallarta and I planned to move to Mexico someday. He asked me if could send a collection of valuable folk art to my boss. One of the most respected architects in Alberta. So we began printing them out, I swear to god they were a bunch of firewood pieces, nailed together, and then dressed in vintage clothing. No carving, no color or anything. He was willing to sell them as a group for $25,000. He didnt know that Gene's wife is a gallery level fine artist and has the largest collection of Canadian folk art in Canada. We were all too stunned to even laugh. I had to apologise profusely.

This is just the start of the 100 bizzaro stories of this asshole/ conman.

He had to leave Central Alberta early to come to Chapala because his business reputation was ruined.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RickS said:

... and you feel compelled to tell us all of this because? 

The mofo has been trying to ruin my rep for almost 20 years without success and has even insulted one of my clients who died and that was why she went out of business mofo gary, and bought almost all of that folk art. my rep as one of western Canada's pickers of antiques and folk art is intact to this day and I  still am asked for my advice . here is an e-mail from the most respected folk art expert and author of many books on the subject before he died shortly after this in 2002. Mofo waller has just produced more false info. That collection was written up in many newspapers and magazines as was I. And Gene's wife does not have the largest collection of folk art in Canada nor even in Edmonton if any. Stick it gary waller/chillin looser!!!-SNORK!

rosychuk mike's folk art.jpg

rosychukpicking adventures 289.jpg

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I don't normally agree with what gringohombre has to say, but in this case I do. Why do you guys think a public forum is an appropriate place to air your personal animosities to one another? You sound like 8th grade girls on tiktok.

If somebody libels you in a personal attack on a web board,would you not defend yourself? This is far from the first time gary waller/chillin has done this on here.