Chapala.com Webboard

What are you paying for health insurance Lakeside?

dottiejane, you seem like a fascinating person. Based on the tone of your  post , that you will go gently into the night. I think you mixed in Dylan Thomas' famous poem,

Do not go gentle in the good night. 

Old age should burn and rave at the end of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of light.

It gets better, and is not too long at all. A beautiful piece of work

3 minutes ago, RickS said:

... the salient point is that your Medicare policies are NOT valid under any circumstances if one is LIVING in Mexico, emergency or not.

Yeah - I always knew about Medicare  and always planned to drop United - just was curious since San Antonio hospital seems to be advertising that they do take various insurances but that may indeed only be for tourists.  Have stop worrying  about health - will move on to bank accounts.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

dottiejane, you seem like a fascinating person. Based on the tone of your  post , that you will go gently into the night. I think you mixed in Dylan Thomas' famous poem,

Do not go gentle in the good night. 

Old age should burn and rave at the end of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of light.

It gets better, and is not too long at all. A beautiful piece of work

I love that poem -= and I did steal the thought - my brother did rage and rage - not a good death.

Thomas was WELSH as you probably know - as was all of my father's family - they were from northern wales where everyone was a musician and singer - not like those horrible miners in the south.  Anyway my father used to get hysterical since the only Welsh people who were known - like Thomas and Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins-- were all alcoholics-I turned out to be a singer but ONLY in choirs - not at the Met.

but this is WAY off the topic of health insurance - sorry folks.

4 minutes ago, dottiejane said:

Yeah - I always knew about Medicare  and always planned to drop United - just was curious since San Antonio hospital seems to be advertising that they do take various insurances but that may indeed only be for tourists.  Have stop worrying  about health - will move on to bank accounts.  

Why "worry" about researching on what it takes to live here.

No matter how much research you do, there will still be the folks who say "You're doing WHAT?". And then assure you that you'll be back in six months. Yeah, right. Well that was twenty-six years ago for me and without the internet to do much research. Came down with the paperback "Choose Mexico" and that was that. People tend to come for one set of reasons and stay for entirely another set of reasons. You'll be fine. Before you pull up lock, stock and barrel, may I suggest a six month stay to get your feet wet? We knew by the end of three months that we were staying put.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I rent an apartment so moving  for six months which I would do if I owned a house or could sublet my apartment would be a perfect thing to do but not possible. I have moved a great deal over the past 25 years and have left behind a lot of furniture, books, albums, etc so what I have now is not valuable or much loved.  .  I plan to arrive with only summer clothes and a picture of two.  If for some reason --which I can't imagine will happen - I return to the states, apartments are always available and I am  an expert at consignment store shopping.