Chapala.com Webboard

Tolls on 15D - Nogales to Ajijic

dixonge

Interesting, and thank you to all who posted.

I traveled yesterday and my three tolls totalled $335. As points of comparison, the app.sct.gob.mx site calculates my tolls to be $301; the tollsmart.com indicates $324. So, both trackers are slightly off...they may not have updated for the increases we were charged at some toll locations on Jan 1, 2022.

• Like 1

Lately, I've traveled from Guanajuato to Chapala several times. The app.sct.gob.mx site is way off. For instance, it shows the first toll here in Guanajuato to be 24 pesos, which it hasn't been for at least 6 years. Others similarly out of date. Tollsmart at least is closer to the real price.

Plus, app.sct.gob.mx still uses Adobe flash player. Tells you all you need to know about their commitment to stay updated. Which is to say, they don't have one.

• Like 1

As a decidedly anti big-government Conservative (see my recent posts regarding the extortionist emission testing here), this is one of the few things that is the exception to the rule (others being public safety and border control...how is that working NOB today?). On my final trip down here in 2008 from S. California (near L.A.) in my packed pickup truck with my loyal dog Mo (RIP) we first stopped in Nogales AZ to overnight at a hotel there. The next morning crossing the border with my new Temporary Resident visa and onto Highway 15, and after all day driving stopping at Las Moches, finding a great gated motel that accepted Mo. The third day of driving brought us to the home that I had rented 2 weeks earlier on a scouting trip here in lower SAT where I still live today. We came all the way on highways built by both the US and Mexican governments (tax money). I cannot remember the amount of tolls that I paid then, but the approx. US$300 mentioned here (I am sure a lot less then) does not seem unreasonable for the well built road systems, toll booths and takers (how would you like that job?) plus the safety factor. When  democratic (small d) governments are voted in by well informed voters, and run correctly the system works!!!      

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomgates said:

$2597mx is about $127us. 

I was going by jrod's post above...says he just made the trip:

"I traveled yesterday and my three tolls totalled $335. As points of comparison, the app.sct.gob.mx site calculates my tolls to be $301; the tollsmart.com indicates $324. So, both trackers are slightly off...they may not have updated for the increases we were charged at some toll locations on Jan 1, 2022."

The MX$2597 indicated on the map shows right in the middle of the trip...so I think you have to consider the rest of the journey....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RickS said:

.... maybe it's just more going East...😎

Could be on some roads I suppose, but I travel between Chapala and Guanajuato every two weeks and have the tolls memorized... Well, I did anyway...Plus I spoke with the lady at the caseta about the increase.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, jrod said:

Interesting, and thank you to all who posted.

I traveled yesterday and my three tolls totalled $335. As points of comparison, the app.sct.gob.mx site calculates my tolls to be $301; the tollsmart.com indicates $324. So, both trackers are slightly off...they may not have updated for the increases we were charged at some toll locations on Jan 1, 2022.

Three tolls?