Chapala.com Webboard

Driver's License renewal

Toritrue

Yes, it is located between Cruz Roja and the Malecon in Chapala.  You need to make an appointment, but I don't have the necessary website. Hopefully, someone on the web board  can that. 

Also, be prepared to speak Spanish, since I found English not to be spoken when I went last February.  

In addition, bring the right documents and copies of each, since they were pretty strict on those requirements when I went.  

12 minutes ago, mexijims1 said:

Yes, it is located between Cruz Roja and the Malecon in Chapala.  You need to make an appointment, but I don't have the necessary website. Hopefully, someone on the web board  can that. 

Also, be prepared to speak Spanish, since I found English not to be spoken when I went last February.  

In addition, bring the right documents and copies of each, since they were pretty strict on those requirements when I went.  

I got my renewals through Luis from Spencer's office who did everything necessary even bringing a collapsible chair for me since I am disabled.

22 hours ago, Toritrue said:

If not are there facilitators who will help get a renewal in Guad?

Off topic, but I never understood why people say Guad when the word Guadalajara has such a beautiful and musical sound to it. 

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled topic.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Victor David said:

Off topic, but I never understood why people say Guad when the word Guadalajara has such a beautiful and musical sound to it. Okay, back to our regularly scheduled topic.

2 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Exactly and Joco instead of Jocotepec.

Well guys,  not all of us got to take typing in high school. In my case, father insisted Latin was much more valuable......  so being not being a 10-finger typist, or anything close, I choose to use abbreviations whenever they will be understood.   And now.... back to topic 😊

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Well guys,  not all of us got to take typing in high school. In my case, father insisted Latin was much more valuable......  so being not being a 10-finger typist, or anything close, I choose to use abbreviations whenever they will be understood.   And now.... back to topic 😊

I took art instead of typing at Etobicoke Collegiate Institute in Etobicoke which was a suburb of Toronto at the time, and do the one finger polka on the keyboard and spell Guadalajara and Jocotepec en toto.

• Like 1

LOL! Just in case there's any young people reading this forum, take a typing class. I took typing in Grade 9 and have found it to be an invaluable tool throughout my entire life.

My hubby did not know how to type properly so I bought him "Mavis Beacon teaches typing" on disc (yes, that long ago). He called her "The Bitch" and turned the air blue with his constant commentary. It was hilarious.

Mavis Beacon Free - Download (softonic.com)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ferret said:

LOL! Just in case there's any young people reading this forum, take a typing class. I took typing in Grade 9 and have found it to be an invaluable tool throughout my entire life.

My hubby did not know how to type properly so I bought him "Mavis Beacon teaches typing" on disc (yes, that long ago). He called her "The Bitch" and turned the air blue with his constant commentary. It was hilarious.

Mavis Beacon Free - Download (softonic.com)

That brings back memories. I still remember my typing teacher, Father Kennedy at St. Mikes. It was in the old rectory on Olympia Typewriters. The rectory didn't have proper heating and trying to type in freezing temperatures didn't help the speed tests.

21 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

That brings back memories. I still remember my typing teacher, Father Kennedy at St. Mikes. It was in the old rectory on Olympia Typewriters. The rectory didn't have proper heating and trying to type in freezing temperatures didn't help the speed tests.

Did you know John Sutton who went to St. Mikes?

I renewed my license yesterday and it was very easy. The hardest part is standing in line. 1) to find the location just turn left at the lights (coming from Ajijic) and take the first right after passing the Permanent Market (there will be a green Chaps Ice Cream shop on the corner). Drive almost to the end of the street (you will probably see a lineup going into a white building). 2)Join the end of the line. If you are unsure and you don't see any expats in line to ask, just ask someone "placa?". That is how you say "plate" in Spanish. 3) when you get to the counter just hand over the paper receipt from last year and the laminated card that is good for 4 years. They may tell you that there are unpaid speeding tickets that must be paid before you can renew. You can pay with a Mexican credit card or cash. They will return your card and the receipt for this year. That's all it takes.

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

I renewed my license yesterday and it was very easy. The hardest part is standing in line. 1) to find the location just turn left at the lights (coming from Ajijic) and take the first right after passing the Permanent Market (there will be a green Chaps Ice Cream shop on the corner). Drive almost to the end of the street (you will probably see a lineup going into a white building). 2)Join the end of the line. If you are unsure and you don't see any expats in line to ask, just ask someone "placa?". That is how you say "plate" in Spanish. 3) when you get to the counter just hand over the paper receipt from last year and the laminated card that is good for 4 years. They may tell you that there are unpaid speeding tickets that must be paid before you can renew. You can pay with a Mexican credit card or cash. They will return your card and the receipt for this year. That's all it takes.

The OP asked for the driver's license renewal office not the placa renewal office that you went to which doesn't issue DL's.

• Thanks 1