Chapala.com Webboard

Villa Monet Restaurant

dichosalocura

If anybody is in Chapala and wants a lovely night out in a beautiful restaurant  I would suggest Villa Monet right on the malecón right before Lake Chapala Inn.  It is in the house formerly owned by the Victor Luna family.  While Elizabeth Taylor was dating him she would stay in that house each time she visited the area.  I brought my family there to eat last night and the food was surprisingly very good with excellent attention given to us by the staff.  And the grounds and architecture are gorgeous with lots of original antique furniture and furnishings.  The restaurant always seems super quiet, but it is fairly new and probably hasn't been discovered yet by many.  But it is a true gem.  So if you want a quiet night out surrounded by enchanting ambiance, then visit Villa Monet in Chapala.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ibarra said:

I believe the location given by both these sites is wrong.  They are each different and a long ways from the malecon.

It is real simple to find.  Walk the malecón starting at the Beer Garden, walk west towards the big white sail. Half way down walking past the Beer Garden, Perla Negra, and another restaurant that I forget its name.  You will be outside a gorgeous large palace like home.  The entrance is small but will have a sign outside saying Villa Monet.

25 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

It is real simple to find.  Walk the malecón starting at the Beer Garden, walk west towards the big white sail. Half way down walking past the Beer Garden, Perla Negra, and another restaurant that I forget its name.  You will be outside a gorgeous large palace like home.  The entrance is small but will have a sign outside saying Villa Monet.

How are the prices and do they have a food specialty?

18 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

The next building just East of the Chapala Inn

5 hours ago, happyjillin said:

WHAAATT?? Wadda ya think Comida is as posted just for you by nolajoe.

Sn. Google Translate...Comida = Eat...not eat lunch, just eat!!! I am sure that I can look up a phone # to call them and then get the answer or maybe they are busy and cannot answer the phone, but it took me 3 seconds to ask this question here and it will take 3 seconds or less for someone to answer my question (Yes/No)...is this not what the board is all about???

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Sn. Google Translate...Comida = Eat...not eat lunch, just eat!!! I am sure that I can look up a phone # to call them and then get the answer or maybe they are busy and cannot answer the phone, but it took me 3 seconds to ask this question here and it will take 3 seconds or less for someone to answer my question (Yes/No)...is this not what the board is all about???

WHAAAT!!?????

4 hours ago, Lexy said:

gringohombre--In Mexico, comida also means midday meal -- lunch.

Thank you for your excellent language lesson...after 30 years of travelling here and living full time for 14, you have taught me something new. I have always used lunche in my not great Spanish, as well as you also see on the outdoor chalkboards and also on the menus of all the traditional Mexican restaurants here. Who knew??? A simple question of "Are they open for lunch?", a Yes or No anticipated response, provides such a wealth of information!!! Gracias...

11 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Thank you for your excellent language lesson...after 30 years of travelling here and living full time for 14, you have taught me something new. I have always used lunche in my not great Spanish, as well as you also see on the outdoor chalkboards and also on the menus of all the traditional Mexican restaurants here. Who knew??? A simple question of "Are they open for lunch?", a Yes or No anticipated response, provides such a wealth of information!!! Gracias...

I believe lonche refers more to sandwiches, tacos, etc, rather than dinners which is what is offered at this restaurant. 

• Like 1