Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM Office in Guadalajara

lynleath

Does anyone know if the INAPAM Office in the lower part of the Federal Palace in Guadalajara is open?  Their website implies that they are, but several attempts to phone them went unanswered.  I also sent an e-mail, but there was no reply to it.  I'm trying to find out if I need an appointment to obtain a new INAPAM card.

I am at Lakeside, but I contacted the lady at DIF in Chapala, and she does not have the materials to issue the cards.  She said she would let me know when she does.  Since I need to go to Guadalajara anyway, I thought I might try to get the card there if I could get it sooner.  I know in the past it has been difficult to get cards in Chapala.  They receive only a certain number.

Ironically, I had another appointment on Degollado in Chapala yesterday and stopped by DIF to kill some time.  I asked the lady at the door about availability of INAPAM cards.

She said they might be available maybe in August.  But, I think that was a "guess."   I am pretty sure she said they have not had them for a long time. 

Edited by mexijims1
add correct place

After more than 2 years, only in part due to Covid, spouse finally got INAPAM card here, in Tlaquepaque. It's kind of a grocery + authorized third-party vendor for several government docs, including the INAPAM card. Same requirements, including photo. The main difference is that you go back in a month+ to pick up your card--it is not processed there as they aren't a direct INAPAM location. But it worked!

Super Issste Tienda 114

AddressBlvd. Gral. Marcelino García Barragán 1261, Unidad Modelo, 44420 Guadalajara, Jal. (THIS IS IN TLAQUEPAQUE)
Hours
Open ⋅ Closes 8PM

2 hours ago, jrod said:

After more than 2 years, only in part due to Covid, spouse finally got INAPAM card here, in Tlaquepaque. It's kind of a grocery + authorized third-party vendor for several government docs, including the INAPAM card. Same requirements, including photo. The main difference is dat you go back in a month+ to pick up your card--it is not processed their as they aren't a direct INAPAM location. But it worked!

Super Issste Tienda 114

AddressBlvd. Gral. Marcelino García Barragán 1261, Unidad Modelo, 44420 Guadalajara, Jal. (THIS IS IN TLAQUEPAQUE)
Hours
Open ⋅ Closes 8PM

What could possibly go wrong with that deal....."authorized third party vendor"!!!!, sounds like a 3rd party smog checking place!!!!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

What could possibly go wrong with that deal....."authorized third party vendor"!!!!, sounds like a 3rd party smog checking place!!!!!

It's like in the US where you go to a third-party shipping location and send mail or packages/returns by (your choice of) USPS, FedEX, DHL etc. Or DIF here: their primary responsibility is the welfare of children and adolescents but they also provide INAPAM cards for local seniors, if available. The SUPER-ISSSTE locations here are authorized to receive and distribute specific items, INAPAM being one of them. After years of trying to get spouse's INAPAM and no cards Lakeside or appts in any of the Guadalajara locations, this option, which sends your application to Mexico City, I believe,  had no issue at all.

• Like 1

The Guadalajara INAPAM office in the Federal Palace has now replied to my e-mail.  Their initial e-mail said all appointments were taken through the end of March, and that they were booking in April, though they would look for earlier appointments.  A follow-up e-mail from them notified me of an appointment in mid-March.