Chapala.com Webboard

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY RAISED BY THE LAKE CHAPALA SHRINE CLUB ?

Oatsie

ANEZEH SHRINERS

Lake Chapala Shrine Club

Ishop Postal # 620 Carretera Chapala-

Jocotepec 144, San Antonio, Jalisco, Mexico 45900 Tel. 376-763-5126

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY RAISED BY THE LAKE CHAPALA SHRINE CLUB ?

Compared to Shrine Clubs in the U.S. and Canada, our Club is relatively small, but very active. Our biggest activity is helping lakeside children with medical problems, either at the Shriners Hospital in Mexico City or locally at Lakeside or in Guadalajara.

Here are the statistics for our Shrine Club in 2021:

Patient Trips to Shriners Hospital in Mexico City - 98

Patient Local Treatments Lakeside/Guadalajara - 29

Total Patients …….. 127

Shrine Club Funds spent…….$434,472 pesos*

…………………………………………………….

Statistics from 2006-2021:

Patient family trips to the Shriner’s Hospital in Mexico City - 1,354

Local Treatments for Patients Lakeside and Guadalajara - 926

Total Patients …… 2,280

Shrine Club Funds spent……..$5,131,176 pesos

The Lake Chapala Shrine Club pays for all of the family transportation costs to Mexico City and the child’s local medical expenses which amount to thousands of pesos each year.

Your continued support at Shrine Club fundraisers is most appreciated.

THANK YOU !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

We are excited to see Rebeca standing tall and taking her first steps.
It has been many difficult months of surgeries, castings, and physical therapy for Rebeca and her twin sister, Renata. However, their resilience, the generosity of our donors, and the excellent and loving care of their medical team at Shriners Children’s Philadelphia have made their dream of walking come true!
Rebeca has now returned to her native San Luis Potosi, Mexico, ready to resume her studies and continue physical therapy. We are looking forward to seeing her progress in the next few months

Two.jpg

One.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I hope Shriner's have volunteer opportunities even for non=spanish speaking expats.  Years ago my husband and I, while living in Appalachia , adopted a three year old Vietnamese girl with polio, She was obviously never going to walk without braces and crutches and needed two surgeries  on her foot before she could wear a shoe  She also needed the braces, the shoes and the PT necessary to learn how to walk.   Since there were no treatment facilities where we lived, we took her to Shriners in Lexington Ky and when  I saw the care with which all the children with serious problems received   and experienced with my own daughter all for no charge, I was , left with total and complete confidence in the Shriner's. If only all organizations did such incredible work.   

As Shriners, we appreciate all of the public support we can muster.

Because of Covid, our fund-raising activities have severely curtained even while the need of local children haven't.

We are currently working on a mini RibFest that you will hear about shortly.

As far as volunteers, we definitely could use someone to make and maintain a web page and other social media on the internet.