Chapala.com Webboard

Lore from Charlottes opens new place

Linapolo

7 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

Wasn't it Lori who, initially, opened Lake Taco behind the Pemex  on the Libramiento prior to then opening Charlotte's?

You are correct sir! Although I think that it was owned by someone else and she operated and managed it. Her Fish and Chips (maji maji) were the best, which she continued to Charlottes. That was why I was surprised that someone here commented that their experience with this at the new restaurant was not good. I would blame that on the opening confusion and maybe one bad day in the kitchen. This is still a favorite dish on mine at the Lake Taco!!! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

You are correct sir! Although I think that it was owned by someone else and she operated and managed it. Her Fish and Chips (maji maji) were the best, which she continued to Charlottes. That was why I was surprised that someone here commented that their experience with this at the new restaurant was not good. I would blame that on the opening confusion and maybe one bad day in the kitchen. This is still a favorite dish on mine at the Lake Taco!!! 

We were the 3rd customer to the restaurant and they had no gas so we had a long wait.  The maji maji fish was fine but I didn't like the chips.  They were a good size but not fried in oil. I asked if they were frozen but they said they were freshly cut.  Tasted like they were baked in an oven.  They were cooked all the way through and very dry.  Its possible this was just opening day problem.  Someone else here said they got some excellent fries the next day. I will try the french fries again, and my wife got an excellent chili en nogada.  The chips and salsa were also very good. I like the restaurant and we will eat there again. 

33 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

We were the 3rd customer to the restaurant and they had no gas so we had a long wait.  The maji maji fish was fine but I didn't like the chips.  They were a good size but not fried in oil. I asked if they were frozen but they said they were freshly cut.  Tasted like they were baked in an oven.  They were cooked all the way through and very dry.  Its possible this was just opening day problem.  Someone else here said they got some excellent fries the next day. I will try the french fries again, and my wife got an excellent chili en nogada.  The chips and salsa were also very good. I like the restaurant and we will eat there again. 

I have found that there is a great variety of preference in chips. I do not like mine mushy at all. In fact at Lake Taco I always tell the server "por favor, chips extra crispy". I am sure that when they see me coming, everyone in the open kitchen there is joking "here is Extra Crispy Hombre"!!! I think this comes from some time I spent in England, where in my humble opinion the best Fish and Chips originate and always with Crispy Fries!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've had several meals at the restaurant as well as Ajijic home delivery. Great service, comprehensive menu, delicious food and so GREAT to see Lore and many other familiar faces. We have become happy, regular diners!

Enjoy!

Val Jones :)