Chapala.com Webboard

Neurologist

Have been to Dr. Miguel, he seems very knowlegeable. My General Doctor, Dra. Ana Gabriel was very annoyed at him for prescribing a Benzo (lorezapam? diazapam?) for my essential tremor. He didn't warn me about interaction with alcohol, which I already knew about, and the possibility of addictions.  Some Neurologists specialize in muscle skeletal disorders, others on just the brain. First question to them. Based on what and how Dr. Miguel prescribed me I would say he is not a brain doctor. They are rare, because they are snapped up by pharmceutical companies looking for the billion dollar cure. The best ones are younger and are still interested in medical publications and conferences.

The best Neurologist was from Mexico City (CDMX) but then they moved from Guadalajara to Merida.

6 hours ago, bmh said:
6 hours ago, bmh said:

We use the neurologist from Quality care but this is not the name you mentioned..I believe his name is Dr. Jose Manuel Gonzalez Gonzalez

TO Chillin    It is Dra Ana Gabriela (not gabriel which is a man´s name) Flores Paytuvi

You are correct, BMH, I have been a patient of hers for so many years, I call her Dra. Gaby if other patients are around, but Gaby when in private. Same as Dr. Hector.

I am terrible now with names, I used to be very good. I think that I visited the Dr. who moved to Merida, this means Dr. Jose is "the new Neurologist" and the one I have also seen, and what my post referred to.

How is Bubba doing? 80 years old, wow! Give him a birthday kiss, I am not interested. An old English tradition is called the "Royal Bumps" on birthdays. People grab the birthday boy, or girl, by the shoulders and feet, then they are "bumped" on the floor, on their buttocks, for the number of birthdays.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:24 AM, bmh said:

We use the neurologist from Quality care but this is not the name you mentioned..I believe his name is Dr. Jose Manuel Gonzalez Gonzalez

TO Chillin    It is Dra Ana Gabriela (not gabriel which is a man´s name) Flores Paytuvi

Dr. Gonzalez Gonzalez is a neurosurgeon, I believe.