Chapala.com Webboard

Pay property taxes (predial) online

I don't know the Spanish for 'mirabile dictu', but a (probably new) predial payment website for Joco seems to work, retrieving my record and progressing to the payment page.

The site is https://pagos.jocotepec.gob.mx/predial , but before I start the payment process, I'll solicit your good advice on two points in particular:

- the 'payment' button is labeled "Pagar Adeudo" - when I pop it, what is likely to happen?  Will my US credit card do the trick?, and...

- the amount of the tax indicated online has more than doubled relative to my last (physical) receipt (dated February, 2020), but I assume this is because I wasn't Lakeside last year and owe for both '21 and '22.  So the automated system seems to take that into consideration, but without providing any accounting detail, other than the current early payment "descuento"...

Any brief comments would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We live in Ajijic--Chapala municipality--so I tried inserting chapala in place of jocotepec in the above URL, thinking that would be pretty slick if it worked. And it did! I entered the identification information asked for and it took me all the way through entering my Intercam Visa card info. But with the push of the last button, mi "Pago Fallido" Payment Failed. Quien sabe?

On 1/26/2022 at 9:49 AM, tombo said:

We live in Ajijic--Chapala municipality--so I tried inserting chapala in place of jocotepec in the above URL, thinking that would be pretty slick if it worked. And it did! I entered the identification information asked for and it took me all the way through entering my Intercam Visa card info. But with the push of the last button, mi "Pago Fallido" Payment Failed. Quien sabe?

Because Intercam just does not allow use of it's debit cards online.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...