Chapala.com Webboard

COVID testing centers overwhelmed in 13 states as active case numbers soar

Jim Bowie

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/covid-testing-centers/?utm_source=The+Whole+Enchilada&utm_campaign=cb061cf72f-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN+The+Whole+Enchilada&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f17425060f-cb061cf72f-350176874

Demand for COVID-19 tests has increased in numerous states as the number of active cases across the country continues to climb rapidly.

The newspaper Reforma reported Tuesday that people have flocked to testing centers in Sonora, Nuevo León, Guanajuato, Baja California, Chihuahua, Zacatecas, Tabasco, Coahuila, Yucatán, Aguascalientes, Quintana Roo, Querétaro, Jalisco, Veracruz and Mexico City.

The increased demand for testing came as the Health Ministry reported the highest number of daily cases since September 8 on Tuesday.

12 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

"Every Place" is getting overwhelmed by the demand for tests and vaccines, my friends in the US tell me there are long lines and appointments at Walgreens are taking 2 weeks for Covid Testing

I'm sure that there are long lines somewhere(s), but my wife 'just a week ago' got a test appointment for the next day at both a Walgreens and a CVS in Florida. And if one has some serious symptoms a trip to the Emergency room gets you a test right away.... know this from personal experience. (Turned out to be something else but....)

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

One million cases or one million "positive" tests?

Yes, 1 million positive tests I should have said.  Not too sure the difference in a Positive Test and a Case but I'll defer to your correction.

• Haha 1

I was in close contact on December 26 with someone that subsequently developed COVID on January 3. I just found out about it at 4 pm today. I did not think there was much chance that I was infected, but wanted to be certain. I drove to Walmart and waited in line to get tested. It took about half an hour. I was back home ar 4:45. I got the email around 6 pm saying that the test was negative.

One thing of interest was that the woman doing the testing told me that they are getting about 100 positives a day. These are the same two women that administered the test for my trip to the US in early October. They are very efficient. They tested about 20 people while I was there. All were Mexicans, I was the only gringo.

• Thanks 3

On 1/6/2022 at 5:04 PM, RickS said:

Yes, 1 million positive tests I should have said.  Not too sure the difference in a Positive Test and a Case but I'll defer to your correction.

The reason humanity has survived through the eons is because of GOD; an natural  immunity---Now the little worm called " MAN" shakes his fist at god and says I'm "GOD" !!!--sounds like the Devil is talking----HA

9 hours ago, bobby brown said:

The reason humanity has survived through the eons is because of GOD; an natural  immunity---Now the little worm called " MAN" shakes his fist at god and says I'm "GOD" !!!--sounds like the Devil is talking----HA

Surely you are joking.

• Like 1