Chapala.com Webboard

How does one dispose of old Xrays?

Ferret

They are really not hazardous to you.....just cellulose acetate or polyester film base, and the metallic silver that forms the image.    Probably could break the average home shredder, however and there are better options than landfill.

Here's a link with some good tips if you prefer not to "bin" them:

How to Dispose of X-Ray Films? The Right Way! - How to Dispose

• Like 1

I wish I knew the outcome. Guess I'll trot over to the San Antonio Hospital. This is my hubby's collection of films taken from 2012 to 2015. There are a LOT of them. Since, in Mexico, we are our own Medical Filing System, it would be prudent for SOME medical entity to have proper disposal.  Thanks for the input and I will continue to hope for more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't found a place that recycles them. Tried at the place beside Tio Sam's and also the San Antonio Hospital. I asked Lety at Quality Care and she said she would make some inquiries and to call her in a couple of days. Stay tuned.

I am also wondering if they (some of them) could be used as teaching aids at a couple of the Universities in Guadalajara.