Chapala.com Webboard

Breaking: AMLO Decrees an Exchange Rate at 12.50 Pesos to the US Dollar Effective Jan. 1, 2022

Bisbee Gal

IT IS A JOKE..............  This day of the year!

Feliz Dia de Los Santos Innocentes

Día de los Santos Inocentes | NeoStuff

In Spain and Latin America, it is customary to make jokes of all kinds on this date. The media jokes or misrepresents their content in such a way that the information appears real. It is a freedom that media agents give themselves to unleash their sense of humor, an opportunity that they only have once a year. It is a tradition for newspapers to run entire pages of comic news, with the warning that it is April Fool’s Day, ranging from those that are an obvious mockery to any recent event, to those that seem serious and mislead the unsuspecting reader. April Fools Day is lived throughout the Spanish-speaking world.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

Well expats will be spending less at businesses as their social security will have to be more budgeted. The atm will cost much more US for less pesos. So less to spend here. Not a good move for businesses. 

This thread obviously went way over your head. It's a joke, not real.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

This thread obviously went way over your head. It's a joke, not real.

Every December 28th there are sinilar crazy, untrue news stories

Me too. I just arrived up in snowy Seattle this morning and one of my things on my "do it list", is to transfer some funds down for next year. I will, off course, have my US banker double check before making the transfer to insure I get a fair rate of exchange

• Confused 1

How many remember the year the Reporter had a front page story about the cracks discovered in the lakebed that were responsible for huge amounts of water draining from Lake Chapala and the government was going to try and use a concrete solution?

13 hours ago, johanson said:

Me too. I just arrived up in snowy Seattle this morning and one of my things on my "do it list", is to transfer some funds down for next year. I will, off course, have my US banker double check before making the transfer to insure I get a fair rate of exchange

Why your banker when it's so easy to do it yourself and some of us negotiate with our account exec here for the best rate.