Chapala.com Webboard

Emissions test

HoneyBee

As of 9 February, 2022:

S&S Auto charges 1700 pesos to make payment, schedule appointment and take your car for test.

Escalera charges 1500 pesos for same service.

If you want to use either company, you need to present them with the laminated card that goes with the car, CURP number and proof of address from utility bill.   At this time of the year, it is taking about 2 weeks to get an appointment for the test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

Don’t be so lazy.  It cost 500 pesos.  Do it yourself

You have no idea what our circumstance are to make that comment.  How do you even know that we are not doing it ourselves and simply providing the information for others that may want the service?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

Don’t be so lazy.  It cost 500 pesos.  Do it yourself

Don't be so presumptuous! There are people who are not comfortable or simply can't drive to Guadalajara. We'll be sure to be snide when it happens to you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

As of 9 February, 2022:

S&S Auto charges 1700 pesos to make payment, schedule appointment and take your car for test.

Escalera charges 1500 pesos for same service.

If you want to use either company, you need to present them with the laminated card that goes with the car, CURP number and proof of address from utility bill.   At this time of the year, it is taking about 2 weeks to get an appointment for the test.

Do they guarantee that it will pass the test???

• Sad 1

Sure would be nice if someplace for emissions test would open up closer to us in Chapala area.  Does anyone have any idea of other places locally trying to become authorized?   I realize that may be an insane question.

It just makes no sense to have so few emissions sites for all of the people in the metropolitan Guadalajara region.  Again, I am thinking too logically for living here.  They are asking an awful lot to comply with this law. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mexijims1 said:

Sure would be nice if someplace for emissions test would open up closer to us in Chapala area.  Does anyone have any idea of other places locally trying to become authorized?   I realize that may be an insane question.

It just makes no sense to have so few emissions sites for all of the people in the metropolitan Guadalajara region.  Again, I am thinking too logically for living here.  They are asking an awful lot to comply with this law. 

No,  these centers are designed and built from scratch and serve the sole purpose of ensuring your car meets the emissions standards and is also road safety. I recommend the Ocotlan center as if anything its a nice scenic drive and its about the same driving time as Guadalajara.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Do they guarantee that it will pass the test???

The person at S&S called for us and asked several questions as the vehicle we may need help with is 20 years old.  The representative from the testing location stated that if the vehicle did not pass they give you a certificate valid for 30 days. During that time you are supposed to get a mechanic to fix whatever caused the car not to pass the test.  I would imagine you would have to pay S&S 1200 to take it back but I didn't ask them about that.  

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand, I thought emissions testing was for Jalisco plated cars. I have a friend with a Mexican state plated car, plate does not have the last digit 7. She has an appointment in Guadalajara for the emissions test. Does she run the risk of having it impounded as plate is from Mexico city? Can anyone get the test even if their plate does not end in a 7? Mine doesn't but I am thinking of getting the test done already also.

d

7 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

I do not understand, I thought emissions testing was for Jalisco plated cars. I have a friend with a Mexican state plated car, plate does not have the last digit 7. She has an appointment in Guadalajara for the emissions test. Does she run the risk of having it impounded as plate is from Mexico city? Can anyone get the test even if their plate does not end in a 7? Mine doesn't but I am thinking of getting the test done already also.

Cars from other states need or temporary permission (limited days per year) or need to do the testing just like Jalisco plated cars. Depending on the last digit defines the the month when you need to do the testing.

• Thanks 1